Windows 10: How to delete entire lines like you can with cmd + backspace in MacOS?

Discus and support How to delete entire lines like you can with cmd + backspace in MacOS? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; One of the features I appreciate a lot in MacOS as a programmer is the ability to delete entire lines of code with just cmd + backspace. Even better,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/roynotto, Mar 7, 2021.

1. How to delete entire lines like you can with cmd + backspace in MacOS?

One of the features I appreciate a lot in MacOS as a programmer is the ability to delete entire lines of code with just cmd + backspace. Even better, it allows me to traverse from one end of a really long line of code to the other as easily as cmd + → or cmd + ←. Is there an equivalent for this in Windows 10? Or is the best way to traverse long lines of text only limited to ctrl + ← / ctrl + →?

submitted by /u/roynotto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/roynotto, Mar 7, 2021

2. Keyboard Software - Deletes like iOS when backspace is held

Here's the typical, "sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum," part. I wasn't sure if it should go here or general, so please move it, if appropriate.

Anyone that has typed on iOS knows that if you a bunch of words typed and hold the backspace key, it initally deletes 1 character at a time, then as it is continued to be held, it continues deleting 1 character at a time, but it deletes more quickly. Ultimately, while still holding the backspace key, it starts to delete whole words, then more quickly until it starts deleting full sentences. I love the way that works. *Biggrin

My question is if there is any type of a software or tweak for Windows 10 that could mimic that. I know that if you hold ctrl+backspace in Windows, if will delete words at a time, but I really like the way iOS kind of escalates up through the backspaces.

Any ideas?

Thanks, All!

captains1stm8, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Deleting Text - Like Backspace, and Delete!

I've just noticed this while I was trying to paste some info into a text message, but pressed the wrong button...

If you hold down the Pencil button and press 'C' it deletes the opposite to normal - so deletes text from the right, rather than the left. (Like the difference between Backspace & Delete on PCs)

Not heard it mentioned before, so thought I'd let people know about it.

RichCowell, Mar 7, 2021
  4. How to delete entire lines like you can with cmd + backspace in MacOS?

Why does my Enter and Backspace act weirdly?

I have an Asus X540-YA laptop, and sometimes when I press the Backspace, instead of deleting the character, it writes down the combination of "74321", and sometimes some dots as well. Same thing with my Enter, sometimes it just types "nbz" instead of jumping
    a line when typing. I have tried to restore my Windows 10 the the original settings and re-install a driver ASUS sent me, but it did not help. Any suggestions what could cause it, or what could I do?

Dávid Bűdi, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

How to delete entire lines like you can with cmd + backspace in MacOS?

1. How to delete entire lines like you can with cmd + backspace in MacOS? - Similar Threads - delete entire lines

2. Can you delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you delete?: Can you delete the:windowsappswpsystemwudownloadcachemodifiablewindowsappsfrom my d drive if I have it on my c drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-delete/77383e21-b05b-4324-9b02-32f8dced3f1b
  3. Can you delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you delete?: Can you delete the:windowsappswpsystemwudownloadcachemodifiablewindowsappsfrom my d drive if I have it on my c drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-delete/77383e21-b05b-4324-9b02-32f8dced3f1b
  4. Can you delete?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I remove a cmd line entered by mistake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I remove a cmd line entered by mistake: I have entered this cmd, thinking it was necessary "%ProgramFiles%\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe" setextradata "windows98" VBoxInternal/USB/HidMouse/0/Config/CoordShift 0 but I didn't need to and it is preventing me using the program. Is there a way of undoing or...
  6. Backspace is deleting entire words instead of individual spaces. Cant ID the problem anywhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backspace is deleting entire words instead of individual spaces. Cant ID the problem anywhere.: As title says, regardless of application, I'm experiencing this issue seemingly permanently. Up until a few days ago a single Backspace tap would delete one character, now pressing it once will delete entire collections of letters AND a "space" i.e. "-WORD" or "WORD-". I...
  7. Workspaces like MacOS for Windows 10?

Workspaces like MacOS for Windows 10?: Is there anything native in Windows 10, or 3rd party software, that allows you to save certain apps to a virtual desktop? I know you can make BatchFiles, but it's clunky and doesn't open the window exactly how you want it. It would be great to simply click a single button and...
  8. How do you get ur taskbar line like that?

How do you get ur taskbar line like that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ninjalol23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuipb5/how_do_you_get_ur_taskbar_line_like_that/
  9. Spacekey/bar acting like Backspace

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spacekey/bar acting like Backspace: I have tried all tricks out the on the net - no luck yet ! I have tried to install english and UN-install danish then reinstall danish - no luck ! What is wrong here ?...
  10. Keyboard Software - Deletes like iOS when backspace is held

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Software - Deletes like iOS when backspace is held: Here's the typical, "sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum," part. I wasn't sure if it should go here or general, so please move it, if appropriate. Anyone that has typed on iOS knows that if you a bunch of words typed and hold the backspace key, it initally...