Windows 10: How to delete everything on my laptop?

Discus and support How to delete everything on my laptop? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying to wipe my hard drive in order for my computer to be fast again. Since there was some malware exposed to my computer, and resetting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ElianSegovia, Oct 13, 2018.

1. How to delete everything on my laptop?

I'm trying to wipe my hard drive in order for my computer to be fast again. Since there was some malware exposed to my computer, and resetting it didn't work, this is my only option. Is there special buttons I need to press, so it can be the laptop that I knew and loved when it was new before?

:)

ElianSegovia, Oct 13, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 13, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 13, 2018
  4. bestellen Win User

How to delete everything on my laptop?

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

How to delete everything on my laptop?

1. How to delete everything on my laptop? - Similar Threads - delete everything laptop

2. Everything on my laptop is deleted how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everything on my laptop is deleted how do i fix it?: Can anyone help me. I didn't have enough storage on my laptop and then I had it cleaned, but now I can't open anything at all. Not even my files. It indicates an error. How do I make sure I can use my laptop again?...
  3. Everything on my laptop is deleted how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything on my laptop is deleted how do i fix it?: Can anyone help me. I didn't have enough storage on my laptop and then I had it cleaned, but now I can't open anything at all. Not even my files. It indicates an error. How do I make sure I can use my laptop again?...
  4. Everything on my laptop is deleted how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10: delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-everything-from-my-laptop-lenovo-windows-10/a7c8bbab-6846-49ab-a937-f882cb8455f5
  6. delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10: delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-everything-from-my-laptop-lenovo-windows-10/a7c8bbab-6846-49ab-a937-f882cb8455f5
  7. delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. EVERYTHING DELETED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EVERYTHING DELETED: i accidentally deleted everything from my onedrive and emptied the recycle bin thinking it wouldnt affect my actual files in my computer. Everything is gone now and i cant find the second stage recycle bin to get everything back. Pls assist...
  9. My labtop is deleting everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My labtop is deleting everything: Hello everybodyMy name is Jack Cady, and I am currently suffering an error on my laptop where whenever I left click on anything, my computer automatically deletes the selected item. This includes anything from my files, my search results, and even past words on word...
  10. Windows Update Deleted Everything From My Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Deleted Everything From My Laptop: My laptop updated as usual, but this time when I tried to use it, turns out thanks to the update, it deleted everything from programs, to important work files, and pictures. Anything I could do to get everything back?...