Windows 10: How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11

Discus and support How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I installed Ubuntu alongside my Windows 11 OS on my D drive just for practice. I'm now trying to uninstall it and I'm almost done, but I'm trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Orang3J, May 18, 2022.

1. Orang3J Win User

How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11

So, I installed Ubuntu alongside my Windows 11 OS on my D drive just for practice. I'm now trying to uninstall it and I'm almost done, but I'm trying to delete this last EFI partition on my D drive which wasn't there prior to the ubuntu install.My windows EFI partition on my C drive is fine. Verified this by assigned a letter to it with diskpart and noting that is has Boot and Windows folders in it. I deleted the ubuntu folder here to remove the entry from the UEFI boot menu.I think ubuntu made this extra partition and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Checking its contents in powershell yiel

:)

Orang3J, May 18, 2022
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11 :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, May 18, 2022
  3. EFI partition delete issues and restoration

If I delete the EFI partition accidentally in Windows 10, how do I setup or manage or restore the EFI partition?

Kaushik Guha, May 18, 2022
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?

There are a couple of issues with the above sequence. First, @drpeppercan stated that they already deleted the EFI system and recovery partition. So why is there a select part 1 and delete part override in the command sequence? What is being deleted? The Microsoft System Reserved partition? Hopefully there is an MSR partition there because if partition 1 is the Windows OS partition, then you just deleted Windows. And if there is an MSR partition there, why delete it?

Second, without a size specified when creating the EFI System Partition, it is just going to fill all available free space at the beginning of the drive. If there was a recovery partition, EFI System Partition and MSR partition, that free space is likely to be 600 MB is size, so you just created a 600 MB EFI System Partition that only needs to be 100 MB in size.

Without seeing the layout of the disk with: select disk 0, detail disk, list part you can't really suggest an accurate list of commands to rebuild the EFI system partition. It's only guessing.

NavyLCDR, May 18, 2022
Thema:

1. How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - delete extra empty

2. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?: I have an HP laptop 15-r014tx. The specifications are : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04337700 .I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12 GB4GB existing + 8GB new. I also installed a new 256GB SSD and the existing HDD was moved to the CD/DVD drive slot. Now, I do not...
  3. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?: I have an HP laptop 15-r014tx. The specifications are : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04337700 .I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12 GB4GB existing + 8GB new. I also installed a new 256GB SSD and the existing HDD was moved to the CD/DVD drive slot. Now, I do not...
  4. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 EFI Partition: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. In that process the efi partition was deleted from my boot drive. What?? I have a bootable system as another partition on another drive is bootable. I have created a new efi on my c boot drive with diskpart and next I need to format...
  6. Windows 11 EFI Partition

Windows 11 EFI Partition: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. In that process the efi partition was deleted from my boot drive. What?? I have a bootable system as another partition on another drive is bootable. I have created a new efi on my c boot drive with diskpart and next I need to format...
  7. How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11

How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11: So, I installed Ubuntu alongside my Windows 11 OS on my D drive just for practice. I'm now trying to uninstall it and I'm almost done, but I'm trying to delete this last EFI partition on my D drive which wasn't there prior to the ubuntu install.My windows EFI partition on my...
  8. Need help deleting extra EFI partitions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help deleting extra EFI partitions.: After installing/trying multiple distros I have a lot of EFI/Recovery partitions in my Drive, I want to delete all but the windows one as I looking to clean/organize my drive. submitted by /u/ArVtheBest [link] [comments]...
  9. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  10. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...