Windows 10: How to delete favourites?

Discus and support How to delete favourites? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My wife has saved countless ( hundreds ) of items that she viewed on craigslist, in favourites. I can delete them, one at a time, but would take me... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ddgm91, Mar 1, 2017.

1. ddgm91 Win User

How to delete favourites?

My wife has saved countless ( hundreds ) of items that she viewed on craigslist, in favourites. I can delete them, one at a time, but would take me hours to do so. Is there a way to do this quicker? In the last few weeks, her computer is running very slowly, especially in outlook and Edge. I can't see anything in taskmaster to cause this, except for memory use at 60% or higher. It is an Intel 2.2 GHz with 4 GB memory and SSD HD. The memory is maxed out. Thanks for any responses.

:)

ddgm91, Mar 1, 2017
  2. #DELETE Win User

Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information about this? I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me nuts(OCD alert)!

Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)

Mail and Calendar 17.7812.42257.0

Microsoft People 10.1.3410.0

Store 11610.1001.25.0

Login to Windows using a 'Local Account', not a 'Microsoft Account'.
    How to delete favourites? [​IMG]

Two accounts from an unrelated provider. One for e-mail using IMAP+SMPT, another for calendar/contacts using CalDav+CardDav (iCloud). I censored the second account name due to bad languageHow to delete favourites? :).

And yet, when opening the Calendar. There is an entry for 'Microsoft Account Calendar', wich is unable to be managed.

Things I've tried to fix this:

- Removed and added accounts (Using both 'Calendar-->Manage Accounts' and 'Settings-->Accounts')

- Removed and installed Mail/Calendar/People (Using PowerShell and Store)

- Run Microsoft Troubleshooter for Windows Store

- Run SFC /scannow

- Run DISM /RestoreHealth

- Switched to Microsoft Account, and back to local

- A combination and multiplication of all the above!

So far no fix is noticeable and the problem persist. Where does that 'Microsoft Account' entry comes from? And more important, how to remove it?!

I would really appriciate if Microsoft gave some attention to this issue, and help us solve this.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Mar 1, 2017
  3. #DELETE Win User
    Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information available to finally solve this issue? An response from Microsoft would be nice.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Mar 1, 2017
  4. How to delete favourites?

May have unintended consequences, but File Manager in her User\Favorites folder will delete them. But, re-read the opening phrase here...

Wiley Coyote, Mar 1, 2017
  5. ddgm91 Win User
    The first place I looked. They are not there. Favourites Bar and other Sub Folders are but not the multitudes I am looking for. In Edge they show up in the " Imported from IE Explorer" folder.

ddgm91, Mar 1, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    @ddgm91, the Edge Favourites are stored in...
    Code: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites[/quote] ...copy the above and paste it into File Explorer's address box. You may need to close Edge and restart it for any deletions to take effect.

Microsoft Edge Favorites - Backup and Restore in Windows 10

Bree, Mar 1, 2017
  7. ddgm91 Win User
    Thank You Bree, I'll try that. Sheesh! No wonder I couldn't find it. I used to consider myself some what computer savvy.

ddgm91, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to delete favourites?

1. How to delete favourites? - Similar Threads - delete favourites

2. How do you restore deleted photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you restore deleted photos?: I do not see them in windows recycle bin...please help me get them back. I have tried to restore to another time and it just keeps running, never restores....
  3. How do you restore deleted photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you restore deleted photos?: I do not see them in windows recycle bin...please help me get them back. I have tried to restore to another time and it just keeps running, never restores....
  4. How do you restore deleted photos?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why can I not delete the driver mfeavfk.sys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not delete the driver mfeavfk.sys?: I have windows 11. I deleted all McAfee apps and then when I try to uninstall mfeavfk.sys through my files it says that I need administrator access. How would I get that or delete it anyway...
  6. Why can I not delete the driver mfeavfk.sys?

Why can I not delete the driver mfeavfk.sys?: I have windows 11. I deleted all McAfee apps and then when I try to uninstall mfeavfk.sys through my files it says that I need administrator access. How would I get that or delete it anyway...
  7. Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?: I am using the Photo app that comes on Windows 11, with photos imported from iCloud. When I go to delete or favourite photos, some will let me, and some will not. It is not related to which photos are in iCloud; this happens with new uploads too. It is not consistent, either....
  8. Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?

Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?: I am using the Photo app that comes on Windows 11, with photos imported from iCloud. When I go to delete or favourite photos, some will let me, and some will not. It is not related to which photos are in iCloud; this happens with new uploads too. It is not consistent, either....
  9. How to 'Permanently' delete Edge favourites ?

in Browsers and Email
    How to 'Permanently' delete Edge favourites ?: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572) My favourites go back years and a lot are no longer used so how do I 'Permanently' delete them? I have used the setting/favs method but that does not delete them, they come back again. They are obviously stored somewhere at Microsoft as I...
  10. Problem managing editing deleting from favorites / favourites

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem managing editing deleting from favorites / favourites: For uninteresting reasons I have not had occasion to try to edit my favourites till yesterday. I find that, if I am connected to the Internet, anything I do is undone within seconds. If I delete a folder of links for example, then it stays deleted, just until I reconnect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone remove favourites