Windows 10: How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted!

Discus and support How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I ran into the issue of having a folder locked on me. I couldn't delete it at all. So I looked it up and found a few articles and such.Here is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheEndOfTheUniverse, Jun 14, 2021.

1. How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted!

I ran into the issue of having a folder locked on me. I couldn't delete it at all. So I looked it up and found a few articles and such.Here is an example of what I ran into.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/folder-without-short-file-name-cannot-be-deleted/6ce12e29-fcd4-4998-8247-4d38d17f7565After reading through this I tried this and other methods using command prompt and nothing worked. Turns out what worked for me was to right-click on the folder and I used 7 zip to archive the folder and told it to delete it after it was archived.Super strange but I wa

:)

TheEndOfTheUniverse, Jun 14, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted! :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted! :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-475786-lost-my-files-in-folder-lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Jun 14, 2021
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted!

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted!

1. How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted! - Similar Threads - delete files folders

2. Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?: I have decided to delete my old Windows 10 account but I have some important files/folders there that I want to keep, how can I save those specific files but delete everything else?Note: I only want to delete one user not all users on my desktop....
  3. Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?: I have decided to delete my old Windows 10 account but I have some important files/folders there that I want to keep, how can I save those specific files but delete everything else?Note: I only want to delete one user not all users on my desktop....
  4. Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Protecting file folders in explorer from being deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Protecting file folders in explorer from being deleted: How would I protect file folders from being deleted in explorer? I would like to give others permission to review the file folder and it's contents, but protect the folder and it's contents from being deleted....
  6. Protecting file folders in explorer from being deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting file folders in explorer from being deleted: How would I protect file folders from being deleted in explorer? I would like to give others permission to review the file folder and it's contents, but protect the folder and it's contents from being deleted....
  7. Protecting file folders in explorer from being deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to protect Files or Folders from being deleted accidentally in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to protect Files or Folders from being deleted accidentally in Windows 10: We all have been in a situation where you deleted a file, but you did not want to. There was no prompt no restriction that could stop you from doing it. If not you, someone using your account just did for fun. So how do you protect a folder from accidental deletion? There are...
  9. How to protect folders and files from being deleted in a shared resource.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to protect folders and files from being deleted in a shared resource.: How to protect folders and files from being deleted in a shared resource? I am trying to protect folders and files from being deleted in a shared resource but with the ability to read and write to files. I tried various combinations with advanced permissions DELETE AND...
  10. Deleted a user, but the folder remains & it's locked - how to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted a user, but the folder remains & it's locked - how to delete?: I created a test user account, but it's no longer needed, so I wanted to delete it. I deleted it under settings>accounts>family & other people. It said it would delete all data, but it did not delete the user folder. The user is no longer available, but it left the folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted