Windows 10: How to delete files and folders using Command Prompt in Windows 10

Discus and support How to delete files and folders using Command Prompt in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, all our attempts to delete files or folders via File Explorer yield no results. Many reasons can be attributed to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 5, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to delete files and folders using Command Prompt in Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 5, 2019

2. Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Just run "cleanmgr.exe" in the run command or in a command prompt and select the drive you want to clean......

VulkanBros, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink How to delete files and folders using Command Prompt in Windows 10 ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 5, 2019
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

1. How to delete files and folders using Command Prompt in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - delete files folders

2. Recover deleted files from Recycle Bin using Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover deleted files from Recycle Bin using Command Prompt: I got a black screen after deleting files from the WindowsApps folder. Now I’m thinking about to recover those files using the command prompt in WinRE. If feasible, what commands should I enter at the prompt?...
  3. Deleted folder from command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted folder from command prompt: I was deleting some useless folders with command prompt, and I tried to delete a folder called "." or ".." Then desktop's icons deleted, and application bar's icons too. Chrome also formatted, Office logged out, and some other programs also did. Then I rebooted and now...
  4. How to delete or format C drive using Command Prompt

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete or format C drive using Command Prompt: [ATTACH]Many users want to know how to format the System or C drive using […] This article How to delete or format C drive using Command Prompt first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to open a File or Folder using Command Prompt or PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to open a File or Folder using Command Prompt or PowerShell in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Thanks to the graphical user interface of Windows 10, users can get just about […] This article How to open a File or Folder using Command Prompt or PowerShell in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Cannot create a new folder or file in the Documents folder using command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot create a new folder or file in the Documents folder using command prompt: Surface Pro 3 64bit Hi there, I originally began trying to create touch index.html from ubuntu in the command prompt. It said touchcannot touch no such file or directory . I tried doing the same thing from git bash but same message. I've also tried to create a folder in...
  7. How to find File and Folder Ownership information using Command Prompt

in Windows 10 News
    How to find File and Folder Ownership information using Command Prompt: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]This step by step guide will show you how you can find the File & Folder Ownership information using Command Prompt. It is possible to check the ownership of a single directory, all sub-directories, and files with the help of [...] This post How to find File...
  8. Need help using Command Prompt to delete files & folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help using Command Prompt to delete files & folders.: This is the name of the folder I am trying to delete: I:\WD Backup.swstor DONT USE\Gary Smetana\N2M3NzM4ZTM3ZGZlNDE1OD\Volume{83749cc6-0000-0000-0000-501f00000000}\Users\Gary Smetana\Desktop\Favorites\Higgs Boson and GeV as mass I put that address into the following...
  9. Mounting a windows 10 Wim file using DISM command in command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mounting a windows 10 Wim file using DISM command in command prompt: Hii, I am facing error while mounting windows 10 Wim file using DISM. The error i am getting is Error:5 Access is denied The DISM log file can be found at C:\windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log I have attached the screen shot of the command prompt. Kindly provide any...
  10. How do I use the command prompt to delete files with similar names?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use the command prompt to delete files with similar names?: How do I use the command prompt to delete files with similar names? 78835

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win 10 power shell force delete files access denies