Windows 10: How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell

Discus and support How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are unable to delete a file or folder from your computer, you can use Windows PowerShell to delete any file and folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 17, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell

WinClub, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 17, 2019
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

1. How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell - Similar Threads - delete files folders

2. Useful Files & folders deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Useful Files & folders deleted: I am using desktop computer with windows 11. My files & folders on which I worked, got suddenly deleted. It was shown in recent list but couldn't get it back. This was repeatedly & randomly happened. Please help.....
  3. Useful Files & folders deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Useful Files & folders deleted: I am using desktop computer with windows 11. My files & folders on which I worked, got suddenly deleted. It was shown in recent list but couldn't get it back. This was repeatedly & randomly happened. Please help.....
  4. how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?: I have a folder full of subfolders which themselves are full of subfolders with images, I want to delete the folders themselves but keep the images. I've been trying to use the search:*kind:picture tool to do it but there are so many images that file explorer keeps crashing...
  5. How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?: I want to delete two shortcuts in my desktop using powershell or cmd but each of them doesn't recognize them. when I enter `dir` in both cmd and pwsh, they jusy not show the shortcuts. it seems like they are ghosts. how can I make to fix this?...
  6. How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?: I want to delete two shortcuts in my desktop using powershell or cmd but each of them doesn't recognize them. when I enter `dir` in both cmd and pwsh, they jusy not show the shortcuts. it seems like they are ghosts. how can I make to fix this?...
  7. How to list folder properties using Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    How to list folder properties using Powershell: I have this bit of Powershell code that will list all the folder property friendly names, but I can't figure out how to get a list with the associated system properties. Code: $Folder = (New-Object -ComObject Shell.Application).NameSpace("C:\") 0..400 | ForEach { If...
  8. How to list folder properties using Powershell

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to list folder properties using Powershell: I have this bit of Powershell code that will list all the folder property friendly names, but I can't figure out how to get a list with the associated system properties. Code: $Folder = (New-Object -ComObject Shell.Application).NameSpace("C:\") 0..400 | ForEach { If...
  9. How to open a File or Folder using Command Prompt or PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to open a File or Folder using Command Prompt or PowerShell in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Thanks to the graphical user interface of Windows 10, users can get just about […] This article How to open a File or Folder using Command Prompt or PowerShell in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. How to Delete all SMBshares using Powershell?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Delete all SMBshares using Powershell?: I've disabled SMB in "Turn Windows Features On or Off". How can I remove the SMBShares that return the following error when I enter remove-smbshare <Sharename>? Sample Error: remove-smbshare : The request is not supported.At line:1 char:1+ remove-smbshare <Sharename>$+...