Windows 10: How to delete files from one drive folder without removing them from the cloud?

Discus and support How to delete files from one drive folder without removing them from the cloud? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I copied zip to the one drive folder and I want remove it from my computer after sync to the cloud, but it delete it from the cloud as well... jesus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JagthThr, Jul 13, 2019.

1. JagthThr Win User

How to delete files from one drive folder without removing them from the cloud?

I copied zip to the one drive folder and I want remove it from my computer after sync to the cloud, but it delete it from the cloud as well... jesus christ how to remove uneeded files from hard drive!?!??!

:)

JagthThr, Jul 13, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to delete files from one drive folder without removing them from the cloud? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to delete files from one drive folder without removing them from the cloud? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Removing Windows.old folder

I recently had to reinstall my OS (don't ask). Once I did there were files that I couldn't delete. Basically SecuROM files. Anyway long story short I found this workaround that I wanted to share with my fellow newbs. This will work for any file and works like a charm. Just follow the directions. *Toast :toast:
    Note: there is no space between "Administrators: (F)" I just had to but one in because it kept giving me an "unhappy face"

When installing Windows Vista, Windows stores any existing installation of Windows on the install partition inside a hidden folder called windows.old. This folder could take up a large amount of disk space.

Note: Please check the contents of the windows.old folder before deleting it to make sure there are no files stored there that you may wish to keep.

Deleting the window.old folder using the disk cleanup wizard
    Click start
    Type: disk cleanup
    Press enter
    Select "Files from all users on this computer"
    Follow the rest of the instructions listed on the wizard and select the option to delete the windows.old folder
    Deleting the windows.old folder manually
    1) Open an elevated command prompt

Click start
    Type: cmd
    right-click it under programs
    click Run As Administrator
    2) Take ownership

Change the directory to the windows.old folder (e.g. cd c:\windows.old)
    Type: takeown /F . /A /R /D Y > NUL
    3) grant yourself permission

Type: icacls . /grant:r Administrators: (F) /T /L /Q
    4) Delete everything

Make sure you close any explorer or command windows that are looking at or inside the windows.old folder (except for the command window you are using). If you don't, you will receive an error while performing this step.

Type: cd ..
    Type: rmdir /S /Q windows.old

TheMailMan78, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink How to delete files from one drive folder without removing them from the cloud? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. How to delete files from one drive folder without removing them from the cloud? - Similar Threads - delete files drive

2. How to remove folder from Photos App without deleting it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove folder from Photos App without deleting it?: The title says it all. I like using the Photos App to view my photos. However, I do not want it to display every photo, only ones from a folder that I specify. I went to Folders > Add a folder and added my "Photos" folder. However, I forgot that it had some photos that I...
  3. How to Remove all the Applications from the desktop without deleting them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Remove all the Applications from the desktop without deleting them?: I would like to reset it without downloading some stuff, hiding or putting everything in the folder, is there a way to bring it back to its old state?? submitted by /u/IamtheOtakuu [link] [comments]...
  4. How to delete files from PC but keep them on One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete files from PC but keep them on One Drive: Replacing my old tablet that has Windows 10. I used One Drive on it a lot for files and data. New PC with Windows 11 has downloaded all the One Drive Data. I want to delete the files from the old PC and give it to a family member. May or may not do a complete delete back to a...
  5. How to delete files from PC but keep them on One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete files from PC but keep them on One Drive: Replacing my old tablet that has Windows 10. I used One Drive on it a lot for files and data. New PC with Windows 11 has downloaded all the One Drive Data. I want to delete the files from the old PC and give it to a family member. May or may not do a complete delete back to a...
  6. How to delete files from PC but keep them on One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How do I remove these desktop icons from my laptop without deleting them from my one drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove these desktop icons from my laptop without deleting them from my one drive?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zacharye123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mdt8jt/how_do_i_remove_these_desktop_icons_from_my/
  8. One Drive removing files from folder structure

in Microsoft Office and 365
    One Drive removing files from folder structure: We have recently rolled out one drive to users to back up their Desktop, documents and pictures before we upgrade them to Windows 10 from 7. We have had one user who has had their files backed up/synced with one drive in his documents folder however the documents have nearly...
  9. How to remove files from One Drive folder on PC and keep files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove files from One Drive folder on PC and keep files.: I was moving my finger across the touchpad on my PC (navigating File Explorer) and the Picture Folder went into the One Drive Folder. I have not set up One Drive, and I have no interest in using One Drive.. Using File Explorer I saw that my Picture folder still had all my...
  10. Removing folder from library without deleting it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing folder from library without deleting it: One of my folders appears in 2 libraries. If I delete the folder from the wrong library, it gets actually deleted from both libraries AND ALSO FROM MY "DOCUMENTS" and sent to the bin. How can I remove it from that wrong library but not from my Documents nor from my other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removing files from one drive to computer

2. remove files from one drive without deleting on computer

3. how to remove files from folder without deleting

4. how to delete one drive files from computer but leave in cloud,
  5. remove a one drive folder on pc,
  6. will deleting one drive folder delete cloud contents,
  7. how to delete files on the pc without removing them from the one drive cloud,
  8. how to remove one drive folders from pc without deleting in the cloud,
  9. doesa deleting one drive folder on PC remove them from One Drive cloud