Windows 10: How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder

Discus and support How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I unable to delete files in the Windows Apps folder. I have tried all recommended options and they still do not work. Additionally, I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Guys_Im_Tyler, Sep 14, 2021.

1. How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder

Hi, I unable to delete files in the Windows Apps folder. I have tried all recommended options and they still do not work. Additionally, I have tried both Powershell and Command Prompt to no avail. I am confident that these files are not necessary to operating my PC as they are games I installed with XBOX Game Pass PC. I just cant figure out why I cannot delete. C:\Users\Username>del "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\KalypsoMediaGroup.Tropico6Win_15.2.490.0_x64__e60j8nnj33ga6" C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\KalypsoMediaGroup.Tropico6Win_15.2.490.0_x64__e60j8nnj33ga6\*, Are you sure Y/N? y C:\Pro

:)

Guys_Im_Tyler, Sep 14, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 14, 2021
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder

1. How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder - Similar Threads - Delete Files Apps

2. how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?: I have a folder full of subfolders which themselves are full of subfolders with images, I want to delete the folders themselves but keep the images. I've been trying to use the search:*kind:picture tool to do it but there are so many images that file explorer keeps crashing...
  3. how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete a folder but not the files in a folder?: I have a folder full of subfolders which themselves are full of subfolders with images, I want to delete the folders themselves but keep the images. I've been trying to use the search:*kind:picture tool to do it but there are so many images that file explorer keeps crashing...
  4. Deleting Windows app folders

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleting Windows app folders: Hello I'm having issues with deleting webp Image folder. I have used powershell to remove the provisioned app but it seems to come back whenever a windows update comes around. I would prefer to get delete it forever. Unless there is a way to force the update with powershell....
  5. how to delete app folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete app folder: i cannot delete the app and the folder, it says that "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-app-folder/6c9d1cc0-8a91-4f82-8dfd-1c89b93111f3
  6. How to delete Files and Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete Files and Folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH]You might often find unwanted or unnecessary files and folders on your PC that you would want to get rid of. Deleting these files or […] This article How to delete Files and Folders in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to delete the deleted folders in run app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete the deleted folders in run app: Hello, [ATTACH] How do i get rid of this files? I don't have them in my pc anymore but i see them here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-the-deleted-folders-in-run-app/d89918dc-1886-4208-a86a-71a765b0c735
  8. How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are unable to delete a file or folder from your computer, you can use Windows PowerShell to delete any file and folder effortlessly. The advantage of using PowerShell is that you can force delete a file and remove [...] This post How to delete files...
  9. How to delete old windows file/folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old windows file/folder: Hi, I just upgraded my Windows 8 OS to Windows 10 and it has left : Old.windows folder with many included files on my Harddrive. I have already backed up and transferred all the files I wanted to keep from that old version and wish to delete that file and all that is...
  10. How to accelerate deleting of files / folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to accelerate deleting of files / folder?: Removing files / folder from an external drive, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, and internal drive (to the recycle bin and permanently) lasts extremely long. About 1 million files take about 20, 30 hours or longer using USB 3.0, removing them from an external USB 3 hdd, WD 4 TB. How...