Windows 10: How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?

Discus and support How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I was recently hacked after opening a discord rar file that was sent to me via MediaFire. After extracting it and opening the application and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Костик Мин, May 29, 2023.

1. How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?

So I was recently hacked after opening a discord rar file that was sent to me via MediaFire. After extracting it and opening the application and putting in a code my discord and google account were stolen. Thankfully I was able to recover them but now every time I start up my computer there's a "JavaScript error occurred in main process" and windows defender detects a Trojan wacatac.h!ml virus. The windows defender takes care of the virus pretty quickly but it is quite a hassle having to get the same error message every startup. I was able to find the presumed location of the infected file and

:)

Костик Мин, May 29, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 29, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 29, 2023
  4. MohanC Win User

How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 29, 2023
Thema:

How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?

1. How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager? - Similar Threads - delete files are

2. Accident deleted window's boot management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accident deleted window's boot management: I've accidentally deleted my window boot manager through disk managementI Do HAVE A WINDOWS 10 BOOTABLE USBMy laptop is using Legacy Bios https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accident-deleted-windows-boot-management/f6098e40-8f71-4bbe-85af-e545776ab2bb
  3. Accident deleted window's boot management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accident deleted window's boot management: I've accidentally deleted my window boot manager through disk managementI Do HAVE A WINDOWS 10 BOOTABLE USBMy laptop is using Legacy Bios https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accident-deleted-windows-boot-management/f6098e40-8f71-4bbe-85af-e545776ab2bb
  4. Accident deleted window's boot management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?: So I was recently hacked after opening a discord rar file that was sent to me via MediaFire. After extracting it and opening the application and putting in a code my discord and google account were stolen. Thankfully I was able to recover them but now every time I start up my...
  6. How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?: So I was recently hacked after opening a discord rar file that was sent to me via MediaFire. After extracting it and opening the application and putting in a code my discord and google account were stolen. Thankfully I was able to recover them but now every time I start up my...
  7. How to delete a duplica sequence BOOT MANAGER?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete a duplica sequence BOOT MANAGER?: I want to remove the boots but without losing the information because I am going to reinstall windows, how I do it? 177609
  8. I cant open the boot manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant open the boot manager: Can’t open bootmanager! Hi! So I factory reset my pc today and I was going to reinstall windows 10 with a USB stick. My pc is a HP Pavilion P6-2067sc (with upgraded parts gpu cpu and ram) I have tried pressing all the keys at this point. Help me please! :( submitted by...
  9. Open Task Manager on Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open Task Manager on Boot: Is there a way to open the Task Manager on boot? I was able to open Edge on boot by putting it in the shell:startup folder from the run menu, but every time I added the Task Manager shortcut in there it either won't work, or it will tell me that I don't have enough elevation...
  10. Delete in File Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete in File Manager: I've had the new version for about one week. Hate it so far. I've been down unable to do work more than working. Now i find i have to have permission to delete a file in File Manger. *&$%# I just want to clean up. Any ideas? tks...