Windows 10: How to delete fingerprint data when "Windows Biometrics Service" doesn't exist?

Discus and support How to delete fingerprint data when "Windows Biometrics Service" doesn't exist? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The solution of the problem with ancient user account biometric data described here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vatseq, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Vatseq Win User

How to delete fingerprint data when "Windows Biometrics Service" doesn't exist?

The solution of the problem with ancient user account biometric data described here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-account/6c377f24-ba0b-4628-8268-6a53ae4ed8fa

cannot be execute due to the lack of "Windows Biometric Service" registered in OS. What can I do to remove the data and register the same finger for another user account? The ancient account has been deleted.

:)

Vatseq, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Remove old fingerprint/face from deleted account

Hi,

Windows is specifically configured to keep Windows Hello biometric data secure and hard to tamper with. The data is kept locally on the device and in the event that the associated account is deleted, we suggest using a different finger to setup Windows Hello
    again. Just to confirm, have you already tried using the fingerprint from a different finger?

In case you're still unable to set up Windows Hello using a different fingerprint, follow these steps to delete the data:

• Click Start.
    • Type Services and select it from the list of results.
    • Right-click the Windows Biometrics Service from the list and click
      Stop.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Navigate to this location: C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase.
    • Delete all the .DAT files in the folder. If you can't see anything in the folder, click the
      View tab in File Explorer and check Hidden Items.
    • After deleting the .DAT files, try setting up Windows Hello again.

Let us know if you're able to setup Windows Hello after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 8, 2020
  3. hsehestedt, Sep 8, 2020
  4. How to delete fingerprint data when "Windows Biometrics Service" doesn't exist?

How to change from Microsoft a/c logon to biometric fingerprint logon

Hi Vince,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.
    For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

How to delete fingerprint data when "Windows Biometrics Service" doesn't exist?

1. How to delete fingerprint data when "Windows Biometrics Service" doesn't exist? - Similar Threads - delete fingerprint data

2. How to delete or at least reuse existing fingerprint data that isn't being used on an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete or at least reuse existing fingerprint data that isn't being used on an...: I started getting frustrated with the inaccuracy of my fingerprint reader, so when I went to redo my fingerprint it gave the error that it was to similar why is this even a thing for 1 account, let me add multiple so there's a better likelihood of one succeeding so I disabled...
  3. How to delete or at least reuse existing fingerprint data that isn't being used on an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete or at least reuse existing fingerprint data that isn't being used on an...: I started getting frustrated with the inaccuracy of my fingerprint reader, so when I went to redo my fingerprint it gave the error that it was to similar why is this even a thing for 1 account, let me add multiple so there's a better likelihood of one succeeding so I disabled...
  4. windows biometric service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows biometric service: I use windows 11, and my laptop has a fingerprint scanner.Windows biometric service uses a high volume of CPU when the laptop plug-in AC power.How can I schedule windows biometric service or what happens if I disable it?...
  5. windows biometric service

windows biometric service: I use windows 11, and my laptop has a fingerprint scanner.Windows biometric service uses a high volume of CPU when the laptop plug-in AC power.How can I schedule windows biometric service or what happens if I disable it?...
  6. Deleting Service that no longer exist

Deleting Service that no longer exist: How do I delete a service that keeps having an error log in the event viewer? The folder from that directory no longer existed that is why it keeps having an error....
  7. Deleting Service that no longer exist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting Service that no longer exist: How do I delete a service that keeps having an error log in the event viewer? The folder from that directory no longer existed that is why it keeps having an error....
  8. windows biometric service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows biometric service: [ATTACH] windows biometric service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%88%91%E6%83%B3%E8%A6%81%E7%A6%81%E7%94%A8windo/7b683513-5307-489f-a854-fcad9f0a89cd
  9. Biometric fingerprint scanner suggestion

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Biometric fingerprint scanner suggestion: I would like if Windows Hello added some way for me to use my fingerprint scanner to login to my computer games Everquest 2, Diablo 3 and future versions. If I could just swipe my fingerprint and get in my games faster that would be AWESOME! Oh and add a topic for...
  10. windows biometric service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows biometric service: Windows biometric service is constantly active taking up 18 to 22 percent of CPU capacity. Is there any way to isolate the source? A clean boot will require a fair amount of time that I don't wish to waste....