Windows 10: How To Delete Folders and Files Explorer Cannot Find

Discus and support How To Delete Folders and Files Explorer Cannot Find in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, I reorganized my Pictures folder. What was once in a sub-folder titled "AA. People and Pets" was copied into a new folder "Family". Once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Curmudgeon10, Dec 24, 2019.

1. How To Delete Folders and Files Explorer Cannot Find

Recently, I reorganized my Pictures folder. What was once in a sub-folder titled "AA. People and Pets" was copied into a new folder "Family". Once the transfer was made and verified, I deleted "AA. People and Pets." "Family" now contains about 1500 family photos.

Weird things are now happening. Within the Pictures folder, I created a number of other sub folders, and began relocating about a third of the family pics from "Family" into these new sub-folders. I use an Apple TV to screen show the "Family" photos. I soon noticed that pics I thought I moved from "Family", or edited cropped or changed exposure began showing up in the Apple TV cache as if I hadn't moved or edited them OK, perhaps need to rebuild the Apple TV photo cache?. But really strange -- I return to the PC, open my Pictures/Family folder, and the pictures I had moved previously out of Pictures/Family are back. If I move a pic again, Explorer notes that the file is already in the new file folder and asks if I want to replace it.

I cannot recall every other weird thing that is going on, but if I search on "AA. People and Pets" Explorer shows me that old directory, filled with photos I thought I had deleted. Before troubleshooting anything else, I need to permanently rid the OS file structure of "AA. People and Pets."

Explorer can't find it, of course, and neither can it be found through the command prompt. Any other ideas?

:)

Curmudgeon10, Dec 24, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How To Delete Folders and Files Explorer Cannot Find :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How To Delete Folders and Files Explorer Cannot Find :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 24, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 24, 2019
  4. How To Delete Folders and Files Explorer Cannot Find

Can't delete folder!

In an explorer window, goto Tools...folder options...view...hidden files and folders

rhythmeister, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

How To Delete Folders and Files Explorer Cannot Find

1. How To Delete Folders and Files Explorer Cannot Find - Similar Threads - Delete Folders Files

2. Finding deleted files - Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding deleted files - Documents folder: Hi.So I was making space on my harddrive yesterday. In doing so I found there was 30gb of stuff on my harddrive that I think was linked to an old work OneDrive account that I couldn't delete, even when I de selected 'read only'. So in trying to clean up the drive, I appear to...
  3. Finding deleted files - Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding deleted files - Documents folder: Hi.So I was making space on my harddrive yesterday. In doing so I found there was 30gb of stuff on my harddrive that I think was linked to an old work OneDrive account that I couldn't delete, even when I de selected 'read only'. So in trying to clean up the drive, I appear to...
  4. File explorer cannot delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer cannot delete files: Ever since I got my pc, I am unable to delete any of the files I have temporarily downloaded on it. The download option is grayed out, and so is move to Recycle Bin. The files are taking up unnecessary space in my computer. Please assist with the same. [ATTACH]...
  5. Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete

Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete: I one had I-Cloud Photos on installed my computer but have uninstalled months ago. The I-Cloud Photos folders remain on the left side of my File Explorer window, as shown on the attached graphic. The graphic also shows the error message I get whenever I click on an I-Cloud...
  6. File Explorer "cannot find" location of file

File Explorer "cannot find" location of file: This problem started just a few days ago: The app has its icon on the task bar but now defaults to Windows can't locate file...?. I can go C:\Programs Files x86...; click on .exe and even then I get same error msg., I can execute same approach on any other app and it works...
  7. Cannot delete FOLDER "Could not find this item"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete FOLDER "Could not find this item": Hi, I cannot delete a folder that despite showing, keeps saying Item not found "Could not find this item" whenever I try to delete it. [img] I have also tried this method using command prompt (Admin): [img] Please help... 151280
  8. File explorer cannot find files

in Cortana
    File explorer cannot find files: After the most recent update of Windows 10, File Explorer stopped working. I ran the troubleshooter and it did not find anything. I need to be able to find files. HELP!...
  9. "Ghost" folder icon in File Explorer that cannot be deleted

"Ghost" folder icon in File Explorer that cannot be deleted: I uninstalled Dropbox from several computers, which worked fine on all but one, a desktop PC on the latest version of Win 10. On this PC, it left a "ghost" folder icon named "dropbox" that looks like a white document: [ATTACH] I cannot delete it, as the right-click menu...
  10. Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found

Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found: I cannot delete my old school's OneDrive for Business folder because I completely uninstalled the OneDrive for Business Application. Now every time on startup and at random times I receive a pop up telling me the Synced Folder cannot be found. I have tried to find the...