Windows 10: How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories?

Discus and support How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm facing a rather strange situation. I have a directory on an external hard disk named found.000. Its attributes are Hidden and System. Inside it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fortitude, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Fortitude Win User

How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories?

I'm facing a rather strange situation.

I have a directory on an external hard disk named found.000. Its attributes are Hidden and System. Inside it there is another directory named dir_00000000.chk. That one also has Hidden and System attributes.

Now it's worth noting that in Windows Explorer the dir_00000000.chk directory is not shown, but I do see it with Total Commander.

My problem is that I cannot remove these directories from the external hard disk. I tried various methods as Administrator, but the weird thing is that Windows informs me that I need a standard user account's permission to delete the dir_00000000.chk directory. I tried removing the two directories directly from an Administrator account as well as from a standard user account.

I do not want to format the external hard disk because it holds my backups. Is there a way to remove those directories after all?

:)

Fortitude, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Sep 28, 2019
  4. How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories?

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.3

Change Log v1.3
    • Resolved an issue where resizing caused the "Directory Size Utility" to crash. - Thanks Drone!
    • New button Icons.
    • New high resolution icon for the Directory Size Utility.
    • New Delete folder button.
    • New right click menu item("Delete folder") for folder list.
    • New Export to Excel button.
    • Renamed "Get folder..." to "Add folder..."
    • Clicking "Directory Size Utility" name in the about window will take you to the home web page.
    Download here!

Spoiler: New Screen Shot Main Screen

How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories? Main.jpg

Mindweaver, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories?

1. How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories? - Similar Threads - delete Found 000

2. How do I recover the files from found.000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover the files from found.000: Hi, So recently I changed some ports and looks like this broken some of the files on my SSD. There a few steam and xbox games which I cannot play anymore. The problem is that there are 500 gb's and I don't want to reinstall them all. Now I need to specify that they're not...
  3. How do I recover the files from found.000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover the files from found.000: Hi, So recently I changed some ports and looks like this broken some of the files on my SSD. There a few steam and xbox games which I cannot play anymore. The problem is that there are 500 gb's and I don't want to reinstall them all. Now I need to specify that they're not...
  4. Prev Answer about Found.000 files being Deleted - Is it Safe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prev Answer about Found.000 files being Deleted - Is it Safe?: I have a folder with 60GB in a Found.000 folder. A prev answer said it was safe but a good idea to make sure I am not missing any files because I might be able to recover them from the Found file. Is this day of large cap HDDs I usually have around a TB of files. Is there any...
  5. Prev Answer about Found.000 files being Deleted - Is it Safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prev Answer about Found.000 files being Deleted - Is it Safe?: I have a folder with 60GB in a Found.000 folder. A prev answer said it was safe but a good idea to make sure I am not missing any files because I might be able to recover them from the Found file. Is this day of large cap HDDs I usually have around a TB of files. Is there any...
  6. Prev Answer about Found.000 files being Deleted - Is it Safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Wanted. A list of Directory and Subdirectories. Full Path.

Wanted. A list of Directory and Subdirectories. Full Path.: I wanted a complete path of directories and subdirectories. No files. For example, my file and path might be: D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\My_File.txt I want: D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\ How to do this?...
  8. Folder found.000 unable to delete

Folder found.000 unable to delete: Hi MVPs, I am having an issue with deleting found.000 folder. OS is windows 10 pro. There is an invincible .chk file in there cannot be seen anywhere in file explorer In command prompt however, using command dir /a:hd F:\found.000, the file can be seen Tried multiple...
  9. Lost files when moving directory with subdirectories

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost files when moving directory with subdirectories: I have just witnessed the strangest behavior on my windows 10 notebook. It is the second time it has happened. The first time I was sure that I did something but this time I am sure of what I did because I was very careful. For brevity I have substituted logical names. Thank...
  10. Folder windows.old.000 was deleted, how to recover?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder windows.old.000 was deleted, how to recover?: Yesterday had the folder "windows.old.000" and now no longer appears, as I can get it back? There are very important folders in "desktop" that I has there, please help!!! 66859