Windows 10: How to delete guest account?

Discus and support How to delete guest account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I decided to change my pc name, however it made a guest account with the name I wanted to pc to have I tried to delete it by user account but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RoboTop1, Nov 29, 2021.

1. RoboTop1 Win User

How to delete guest account?

Recently I decided to change my pc name, however it made a guest account with the name I wanted to pc to have I tried to delete it by user account but I can't.. anyone know what to do? I had lock screen disabled but now it shows up.

:)

RoboTop1, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Corrupted "guest" account cannot be deleted

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

As you are facing an issue in deleting Guest account, I suggest you to login with safe mode and then try to delete the account and check.

Step 1: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Refer this link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2: Delete Guest account

• Right click on Start and click on Control Panel.
    • Select User account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select Guest account and click on Delete account.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 29, 2021
  4. AScants Win User

Deleting a guest account

How do I delete a Guest account in Win10 when it doesn't appear on the account settings list?

AScants, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

1. How to delete guest account? - Similar Threads - delete guest account

2. How to delete guest account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete guest account?: Recently I decided to change my pc name, however it made a guest account with the name I wanted to pc to have I tried to delete it by user account but I can't.. anyone know what to do? I had lock screen disabled but now it shows up....
  3. How to add microsoft account without deleted guest account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add microsoft account without deleted guest account?: I have a new laptop and want to add my microsoft account, but my guest account is finished set up and personalized. How to add microsoft account without delete guest account?...
  4. Deleting a guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting a guest account: How do I delete a Guest account in Win10 when it doesn't appear on the account settings list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-guest-account/f7516208-54fb-4f8c-bc0e-9127d90c6594"
  5. How to create a Guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create a Guest account?: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  6. Guest account

Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  7. Cant delete Guest account please help

Cant delete Guest account please help: Code: Cant delete Guest account please help[/quote] 116987
  8. How to log in to the guest account?

How to log in to the guest account?: Hello: I have successfully activated the hidden guest account by using the net user /guest:active command from an elevated command prompt. However, the account does not appear at the bottom left of my login screen along with the other accounts on my system, so I am unable...
  9. How to remove Guest account?

How to remove Guest account?: A while back I updated to windows 10 from Win7. For the last while I have occasionally gotten an error on boot that says something like "The windows Host Services has stopped working" and when I close the error I get a black screen. If I cntrl-alt-del I can restart the...
  10. How to enable guest account with file delete upon exit?

How to enable guest account with file delete upon exit?: Hi, we recently purchased a group of PCs with Windows 10 installed at our institution. We would like to configure the PCs to have a guest account and when a user logs off the account his or her files would be deleted (much like the guest account of a Mac), is there a way to...