Windows 10: How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?

Discus and support How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i formatted D Drive Completely and its empty. But when im using defraggler theres a files 117.9 MB files are still there. how to delete them? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by remostalin, Feb 9, 2021.

1. How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?

i formatted D Drive Completely and its empty.
    But when im using defraggler theres a files 117.9 MB files are still there.
    how to delete them?

How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive? Capture.png

:)

remostalin, Feb 9, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 9, 2021
  3. How to recover D drive?

I followed steps in this link D: drive full, but no files found. to
    try to delete hidden files in the D drive. But then the drive disappeared. I want to take the D drive back. What should I do?

Franc.esca, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Woodnome Win User

How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?

Deleting or Formatting a Partition

Hi all

I have just reinstalled Win10 on our PC but installed it to the wrong partition.

Now it won't let me delete or format the d drive because it holds system files/folders.

Any suggestions as to how to get rid of it ?

Many thanks

Woodnome, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?

1. How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive? - Similar Threads - delete hidden files

2. Deleted D-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted D-drive: So I've always been installing Games and other stuff to my C-Drive, and today I tried installing a game to the D-Drive because I had no more space in the other one. After coming back to see how it's going I realized it had stopped installing because the D-Driver got completly...
  3. Deleted D-drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted D-drive: So I've always been installing Games and other stuff to my C-Drive, and today I tried installing a game to the D-Drive because I had no more space in the other one. After coming back to see how it's going I realized it had stopped installing because the D-Driver got completly...
  4. Deleted D-drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Drive D: hidden files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive D: hidden files: I have a query. I reinstalled my Windows 10 system and since that date D drive has seemed empty. But antivirus scanning showed that it has 24 files there. I cannot find what files are there and what they contain. Help me to find what files are there...
  6. How to delete files from external EXT3 formatted drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete files from external EXT3 formatted drive?: Newbie question... I have an EXT3 formatted drive. Whilst using Linux Reader I can copy files from this drive to my desktop PC. All fine. Linux Reader, being a 'reader', obviously does not allow deleting files. Gave ext2fsd a try, but the delete option is greyed out for...
  7. Format D: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Format D: drive: Hi, I have two disks, C and D. I just did a factory reset on C. C is now like new, but D: is still full of data and software installations (that now does not work anymore). Is it safe to format D: through the disk management tool?...
  8. Formatting privileges on drive D:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting privileges on drive D:: When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges to delete, when i try to work in a file i can open it but it ask me create a copy to save my work . Any Idea? Sorry bad...
  9. Formatting privileges D: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Formatting privileges D: drive: When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges to delete, when i try to work in a file i can open it but it ask me create a copy to save my work . Any Idea? Sorry bad...
  10. hidden TEMP file - how to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    hidden TEMP file - how to delete?: Browser is Firefox - pc is clean, protected and apps up-to-date. My Club website has a "fixtures" page On selection, instead of displaying as a web page, it exits the web, and the title bar shows file:///C:/Users/LEN/AppData/Local/Temp/Shefford%20Fixtures%202016-1.pdf...