Windows 10: how to delete history

Discus and support how to delete history in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; see subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-history/58e887d0-0763-40ab-85fb-0f34bf446677 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WesBriggs, Oct 29, 2019.

1. WesBriggs Win User

how to delete history

see subject

:)

WesBriggs, Oct 29, 2019

2. Delete History

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, provided us few more details on the below questions.

1. Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge in Windows 10?

2. Are you referring items in the Address Bar drop-down list?

3. When trying to delete the History, did you uncheck "Preserve Favorites website data"?

Please follow the below steps on How to delete the browsing history in Internet Explorer 11.

• In Internet Explorer, press CTRL+ SHIFT + DEL keys together on your keyboard to display the
      Delete Browsing History dialog
    • Check the box next to History.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 29, 2019
  4. how to delete history

Cant delete the browsing history in the internet options.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to delete previous browsing history.

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

Which browser are you using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Internet Explorer (Delete Browsing History)

Step 1:

I suggest you to press Shift Key + Ctrl Key + Delete Key together and check the box against History and delete.

Steps 2: Reset Internet Explorer.

I suggest you to try the steps provided to reset Internet Explorer, in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 2: Microsoft Edge (Delete Browsing History)

I would suggest you to refer the link below on Viewing or deleting browsing history in Microsoft Edge,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/...-browsing-history-in-microsoft-edge#v1h=tab01

Note: When you use InPrivate Tabs your browsing data (like cookies history or temporary files) isn’t saved on your pc after you are done. Microsoft Edge deletes temporary data from
    your pc after all your InPrivate Tabs are closed.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

how to delete history

1. how to delete history - Similar Threads - delete history

2. Deleted clipboard history recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted clipboard history recovery: I copied something important onto my clipboard, and later copied more than 25 more items, and the really important one was deleted the clipboard saves only 25 at a time. How can I recover deleted clipboard history?Thank you!...
  3. Laptop updated and disabled apps from opening, deleted history and saved folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop updated and disabled apps from opening, deleted history and saved folders: Since my laptop update on 17.07.2021, I've been unable to open apps Microsoft Store and several others. I've been doing research and all my tabs were deleted and I did not get the option to restore. The history list was blank.Folders that were in my document were also...
  4. Not delete history in Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not delete history in Windows Defender: Hi, I haven't been able to clear some elements of the Defender history for a while. I try all sorts of ways, but part of the story rubs, another doesn't want to.Everything is erased from the story, but here are the ones I can't delete, which says:Protected memory access...
  5. deleting file history on external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting file history on external HDD: Hi there I have backed up all my photos, videos and important documents to an external HDD can I delete the file history on the external HDD without losing everything that I have backed up on there. Many thanks scared to delete...
  6. Backup using File History files can't be deleted from USB drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup using File History files can't be deleted from USB drive: My new 256 GB Sandisk Ultra 3.0 USB thumb drive originally showed up in Disk Manager with a main partition of around 248 GB and a system partition of around 200 MB. I briefly used it in my Win10PC as a backup drive (Back up using File History). I later went back in and...
  7. Task Manager - Delete Usage History Link.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Delete Usage History Link.: Good afternoon, Does anyone know WHAT the Link PATH is please for the below Task Manager - Delete Usage History? . . . Thanks. 178615
  8. Prevent deleting browser history and download history in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Prevent deleting browser history and download history in Microsoft Edge: In this post, we will show you how you can prevent deleting browsing history and download history in Microsoft Edge. There are a couple of features present in Windows 10 that can help you disable delete or remove options for browser history and download history in Edge...
  9. Windows Deleted All File History Versions Error 200

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Deleted All File History Versions Error 200: So I was trying to fix a File History 200 error with the configuration file and suddenly Windows deleted all File History versions which Is store on a internal HDD (not the one used for my OS installation. Is there anyway to get my old versions back? Windows just decided to...
  10. Can I delete Microphone's last accessed history in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I delete Microphone's last accessed history in Windows 10?: Is there a way of deleting the last accessed history of Microphone? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-microphones-last-accessed-history-in/ad7209ca-69a7-4d86-9408-622aa21e3a1d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to deelete browsing history on windows 10s