Windows 10: How to Delete Inactive Work or School Account Email from Windows Settings

Discus and support How to Delete Inactive Work or School Account Email from Windows Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I currently have 2 email accounts linked up to my Microsoft Windows account see image below. One is my personal email address for my Microsoft Account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CortneyS, Mar 24, 2020.

1. CortneyS Win User

How to Delete Inactive Work or School Account Email from Windows Settings

I currently have 2 email accounts linked up to my Microsoft Windows account see image below. One is my personal email address for my Microsoft Account that I would like to keep. The other is an email address for a "Work or School Account" that I would like to delete. I no longer work for that organization and that email address is no longer active/valid. How can I delete the work/school email address/account? When I click on the Manage button, a new window opens that says my access is denied because the user ID I entered was not recognized. Please tell me how to finish deleting this work or school account from my Microsoft accounts. Thanks so much!

How to Delete Inactive Work or School Account Email from Windows Settings 7e9d1331-b34a-4f38-8651-88262914f116?upload=true.jpg

How to Delete Inactive Work or School Account Email from Windows Settings 5141bd3f-c346-4f77-a01f-0b5e3f0049b8?upload=true.jpg

:)

CortneyS, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receiving an error related to your email account. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “I deleted the e-mail account” do you mean deleting the Microsoft account or deleting the account from your computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account to login to the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts, and select
      Access work or school
      from the left pane.
    3. Now, click on the email account and select
      Disconnect
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If this doesn’t work, you may want to try converting the account to a local account and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Unable to delete a school email account

My wife graduated from school from where she got rights to use Office programs on our home computer. Some of these programs created an account that is named after her school email.

After graduation Office didn't work anymore so I removed it from the apps. But the email account stayed and causes a pop up window after starting the laptop saying "some account have problems etc".

Now if I try to delete the account first control panel guides me to manage that account -> which then redirects it to the schools sign in page. As she isn't a student she doesn't have rights to the schools system anymore.

So how how do you delete the account?

Toni Kannusmäki, Mar 24, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Setting up Exchange on Andriod with school Office 365 account

It depends if your school has blocked access for setting up on mobile device email clients. Contact your school or ask an instructor if they have a step-by-step guide to setup up on a mobile client if allowed.

bro67, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Delete Inactive Work or School Account Email from Windows Settings - Similar Threads - Delete Inactive School

2. How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings: Hello, I transferred out of my old school JMU and I can't get into the old Microsoft account at all. I want to remove it from my computer because it keeps sending me the "problem with work or school account" notification and when I go to fix it by clicking manage, it prompts...
  3. Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10: Hi,I need to remove an old inactive school account from my windows 10 PC.The school no longer has access granted to me so I cannot sign in and I am constantly getting prompted to resolve the issue with my account when I log into the PC or open the mail app, which is...
  4. Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10

Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10: Hi,I need to remove an old inactive school account from my windows 10 PC.The school no longer has access granted to me so I cannot sign in and I am constantly getting prompted to resolve the issue with my account when I log into the PC or open the mail app, which is...
  5. Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to remove inactive Work and School account from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove inactive Work and School account from Windows 10?: As you can see here, there is no remove option next to manage. When I click on manage, it brings me to a web page and prompts me to log in to be able to remove the account. The problem is the account is no longer active, so it is impossible to log in. I do not know what to...
  7. How to remove inactive Work and School account from Windows 10?

How to remove inactive Work and School account from Windows 10?: As you can see here, there is no remove option next to manage. When I click on manage, it brings me to a web page and prompts me to log in to be able to remove the account. The problem is the account is no longer active, so it is impossible to log in. I do not know what to...
  8. How to remove inactive Work and School account from Windows 10?

9. Deleting a "work or school" email account

Deleting a "work or school" email account: I acquired a "work or school" email account to correspond remotely with a business that I was working with. This account was within that business's network. That relationship is no longer active and I want to delete that secondary email account from my PC. I can't figure out...
  10. delete inactive work email

delete inactive work email: How can I delete a work email account app for which I no longer have access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-inactive-work-email/ce47ea8e-b943-4a6a-9227-989f56aa21f8