Windows 10: How to delete incorrect Email address choice

Discus and support How to delete incorrect Email address choice in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I typed an email address incorrectly and saved it for my contact list. I then corrected the email address and saved it.. When I create a new email, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlieNeumann, Mar 19, 2020.

1. How to delete incorrect Email address choice

I typed an email address incorrectly and saved it for my contact list. I then corrected the email address and saved it.. When I create a new email, the incorrect address appears as a choice along with the correct address at the “TO” line. How do I delete the incorrect address? When I look at my contact's information-the correct data appears. I'm using windows 10.

:)

CharlieNeumann, Mar 19, 2020

2. How can an incorrect email address be removed from "suggested" list?

When addressing an email, a list of suggested complete-address choices begins to appear as soon as start typing. I had sent an improperly addressed email and now this bad address shows up as a choice on the suggested list w/out any apparent means of deletion.
    Even going back and deleting the original mis-addressed email from the Sent folder did not make it go away. Also tried the "reset suggestions" option under settings>keyboard>advanced but to no avail.

In Outlook, which similarly makes suggestions, one can use the arrow keys to move down to highlight the bad address and kill it with the delete key.

It would be a bad miss if cannot remove improper addresses from suggestions list - these can accumulate fast.

Sola Stella, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Mar 19, 2020
  4. How to delete incorrect Email address choice

How to delete an incorrect email address showing in profile history

I have a Windows 8 device, Lumia 928. I had "fat fingered" an email address when composing an email. I recieved an NDR and figured out what I had done wrong. Now whenever I start typing in the To: field in a new email the incorrect email address comes up
    in the auto-fill list, along with the correct one. I do not want to reset my phone to factory again. I have tried to find a way to delete or clear the incorrect entry, but no luck. Is this a known issue in not being able to clear email address suggestions?
    Or is there an app built in or extra one that can be used to delete bad entries in the profile history for typed email addresses?

I hope someone will point me in the correct direction as I have searched for a possible solution to no avail.

MarkDavidsonUSA, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

How to delete incorrect Email address choice

1. How to delete incorrect Email address choice - Similar Threads - delete incorrect Email

2. how do I delete an incorrect sent email address?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I delete an incorrect sent email address?: How do I delete an incorrect sent email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-incorrect-sent-email-address/01a97932-ef44-41e9-a06c-8878983ca95b
  3. how do I delete an incorrect sent email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I delete an incorrect sent email address?: How do I delete an incorrect sent email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-incorrect-sent-email-address/01a97932-ef44-41e9-a06c-8878983ca95b
  4. how do I delete an incorrect sent email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Email address incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Email address incorrect: Hello, When I set up my account info on my new pc, I had entered my outlook.com address accidentally as an outlook.ca. When I go to fix typo, I enter the outlook.com and it tells me this address unavailable. This is true, but it is MY correct address! I try to change it...
  6. how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address

how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address: Has Microsoft found a solution to this problem: How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community ie stop names appearing in the 'To' field when writing an email? Thanks...
  7. Incorrect email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect email address: Somehow Windows 10 saved an email address for me that is fictional. How can I make Windows 10 remove this bogus address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-email-address/ffa5c3d0-1682-4fa1-9b2e-11f32a9b40d4
  8. how to delete an email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete an email address: How to delete email address in AOL mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-email-address/4de7f667-85f2-45e0-aea5-c14ef5be4845
  9. Remove/delete incorrect email addresses in autocomplete email box in windows mail

Remove/delete incorrect email addresses in autocomplete email box in windows mail: simple question should get a simple answer[ we will see] --- Question : i have an incorrectly completed email address in autocomplete email box which continues to show up along side the corrected version ----- how do i remove these mistakes from autocomplete in windows mail...
  10. how to delete an unused email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete an unused email address: I have an old email address and I want to delete it from the account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-unused-email-address/3c188f67-7ade-494f-abc2-fb5def465a12

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove wrong email address from system

2. how to dlelete a obsolete or incorrect email address