Windows 10: How to Delete Information from Windows 10 Home Ed. Mobile Hotspot.

Discus and support How to Delete Information from Windows 10 Home Ed. Mobile Hotspot. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have Windows 10 Home Edition which has latest updates. I am very sure I have been hacked and have removed spyware with an online scanner after my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Amber_66, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Amber_66 Win User

How to Delete Information from Windows 10 Home Ed. Mobile Hotspot.

Hi I have Windows 10 Home Edition which has latest updates. I am very sure I have been hacked and have removed spyware with an online scanner after my security suite and Microsoft's in built security ware didn't find it, including an offline Windows Defender scan. What I also found was about 8 and growing Microsoft wifi Direct Virtual Adapters in hidden files, which also show up as a long list of connections in network properties. My LAN VPN connection is clearly through TAP adapter. In addition a mobile hotspot was activated, and not by me, with a network name that used my surname and some numbers and a password, also "turn on remotely" was activated. I had previously ensured this was all disabled! I should mention that in trying to fight back and secure my internet I installed a VPN which is attached to my new Internet Security suite and I installed a USB ac wifi adapter. The latter interestingly showed that when that adapter was active a not so far from me network mirrored that connection and then stopped showing ac wifi when `I turned mine off. I also had some strange stuff show up like fake Chrome login page and some issues with my Macbook pro too. I have turned off my wifi from the router and am at present only running ethernet connections, but even then the problem did not go away. I have used a number of fixes with regedit, disabled and tried to delete Microsoft Wifi Direct Adapters, and today did cmd NETSH LAN entries to stop and block hostednetwork. BUT in settings Mobile Hotspot, which I have set to off and disabled remote turn on, there is still my network name present in "Share my network internet connection from" when I am connected, and the network name and password someone has set up is still showing. When I go into Edit it simply asks for new name password and there seems no way to get rid of this. Short of doing a clean install of Windows 10 I am running out of ideas. I've done lots of searching and reading of internet and this forum but I feel I am just picking away at this problem and maybe missing a bigger issue?

Hope someone can give me some ideas. I am no tech expert but know plenty of you out there are How to Delete Information from Windows 10 Home Ed. Mobile Hotspot. :)

:)

Amber_66, Nov 9, 2018
  2. lorraine walsh, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Problem

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Built-in 'Mobile Hotspot' feature is not working in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393)

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Delete Information from Windows 10 Home Ed. Mobile Hotspot. - Similar Threads - Delete Information Home

2. Mobile hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot on windows 10: I discovered that my internet stops working when I turn on the mobile hotspot. I initially thought it was the network, I had already done a network reset and wasn't still working not until I turned off the hotspot. I use an ethernet connection. Please, I would love to know...
  3. windows 10 mobile hotspot

windows 10 mobile hotspot: I have 2 wifi network cards in my computer. ASUS PCE-AC88 802.11ac Network Adapter IntelR I211 Gigabit Network Connection The ASUS one have the best antenna so i can get a good signal down in my basement. but my phone struggels. So i tried the mobile hotspot on windows 10....
  4. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot: Hello everyone,So I live in a student accommodation, and I use an ethernet cable for my desktop. Basically I don't have private internet.When I open up the mobile hotspot, my phone says "no internet connection". THIS DOESNT HAPPEN IF I USE MY LAPTOP.I tried many methods on...
  5. Mobile hotspot on windows 10

Mobile hotspot on windows 10: so i was messing with some configs and other stuff and now when i turn the mobile hotspot on on my laptop my phone sees the wifi but when it tries to connect it wont it just doesnt have wifi please help....
  6. Mobile Hotspot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mobile Hotspot Windows 10: I have set up a mobile hotspot and it works correctly. However, the hotspot is set to 'Off' after reboot or startup. How can I set it to automatically start when Windows starts. I have search for solutions on Google and, needless to say, none of them solve the problem....
  7. Windows 10 mobile hotspot

Windows 10 mobile hotspot: So I turned on the setting for the mobile hotspot on my PC,but for some reason the hotspot is not visible on my android phone?What do I do?My PC has a wired connection to my WiFi and I tried to share my PC's good WiFi connection through its mobile hotspot setting but the...
  8. window 10 home mobile hotspot problem

window 10 home mobile hotspot problem: Please find attached system info and assist accordingly. the laptop is dell ins-prion 17. the system cannot enable the mobile hotpot for other WiFi devices to shear her network. Note that this problem occurs in irrespective of network terminal in use. [ATTACH]...
  9. Transfer from PC with Windows 7 home ed. to new PC with Windows 10 home ed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer from PC with Windows 7 home ed. to new PC with Windows 10 home ed.: Hi, For my mother in law, I have to transfer the content from an old PC with Windows 7 home edition installed on it, to a new PC that has Windows 10 home edition installed on it. As far as possible, I would like to transfer not only the data but also the programs. Is the...
  10. Playing Home Videos From CDRs om Windows 10 Home Ed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing Home Videos From CDRs om Windows 10 Home Ed: I have several home videos on CD-R discs that played well on Windows XP. Windows 10 Home Media Player will not play them and returns an error message saying it cannot handle this codec. Is there a work-around for this? Thanks for any suggestions. -Karl 125884

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 how to clear mobile hotspot