Windows 10: How to Delete Information from Windows 10 Home Ed. Mobile Hotspot.

Discus and support How to Delete Information from Windows 10 Home Ed. Mobile Hotspot. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have Windows 10 Home Edition which has latest updates. I am very sure I have been hacked and have removed spyware with an online scanner after my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Amber_66, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Amber_66 Win User

How to Delete Information from Windows 10 Home Ed. Mobile Hotspot.

Hi I have Windows 10 Home Edition which has latest updates. I am very sure I have been hacked and have removed spyware with an online scanner after my security suite and Microsoft's in built security ware didn't find it, including an offline Windows Defender scan. What I also found was about 8 and growing Microsoft wifi Direct Virtual Adapters in hidden files, which also show up as a long list of connections in network properties. My LAN VPN connection is clearly through TAP adapter. In addition a mobile hotspot was activated, and not by me, with a network name that used my surname and some numbers and a password, also "turn on remotely" was activated. I had previously ensured this was all disabled! I should mention that in trying to fight back and secure my internet I installed a VPN which is attached to my new Internet Security suite and I installed a USB ac wifi adapter. The latter interestingly showed that when that adapter was active a not so far from me network mirrored that connection and then stopped showing ac wifi when `I turned mine off. I also had some strange stuff show up like fake Chrome login page and some issues with my Macbook pro too. I have turned off my wifi from the router and am at present only running ethernet connections, but even then the problem did not go away. I have used a number of fixes with regedit, disabled and tried to delete Microsoft Wifi Direct Adapters, and today did cmd NETSH LAN entries to stop and block hostednetwork. BUT in settings Mobile Hotspot, which I have set to off and disabled remote turn on, there is still my network name present in "Share my network internet connection from" when I am connected, and the network name and password someone has set up is still showing. When I go into Edit it simply asks for new name password and there seems no way to get rid of this. Short of doing a clean install of Windows 10 I am running out of ideas. I've done lots of searching and reading of internet and this forum but I feel I am just picking away at this problem and maybe missing a bigger issue?

Hope someone can give me some ideas. I am no tech expert but know plenty of you out there are How to Delete Information from Windows 10 Home Ed. Mobile Hotspot. :)

:)

Amber_66, Nov 9, 2018
  2. lorraine walsh Win User
    lorraine walsh, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Nyima Yonten Win User
    Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Problem

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Built-in 'Mobile Hotspot' feature is not working in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393)

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Delete Information from Windows 10 Home Ed. Mobile Hotspot. - Similar Threads - Delete Information Home

2. Windows 10 Mobile hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mobile hotspot not working: I have a Windows 10 Pro version 1809, OS build 17763.134, DELL OEM laptop with an Intel AC 8265 WiFi card. I have loaded the latest driver (Ver 20.70.0.5). When I enable the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot feature, it shows 0 of 8 connections. I can connect to my laptop from...
  3. How to have mobile hotspot default be On in Windows 10?

How to have mobile hotspot default be On in Windows 10?: I use the mobile hotspot for my printer, as well as my phone. When I turn on the computer, I have to remember to turn the mobile hotspot to on instead of the default off. Is there a way to have the mobile hotspot default to be On instead of Off?...
  4. mobil hotspot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mobil hotspot: my mobil hotspot on my windows 10 says no internet access how can i fix this latest update is 1803 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobil-hotspot/62ec4ec4-656c-4a63-9ff1-dd627b2e340b
  5. mobile hotspot

mobile hotspot: I can not turn on mobile hotspot on my windows 10 the answer is " We can't set up mobile hotspot" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot/456779cf-b61b-4b39-a07f-2438ffd89d68
  6. mobile hotspot

mobile hotspot: windows 10 pro v1809 (desktop computer) can enable mobile hotspot and connect my smartphone when I turn off the phone windows automatically disables the mobile hotspot after a few minutes is there any way to keep the mobile hotspot enabled when there are no devices...
  7. How to start Mobile Hotspot on Windows Startup?

How to start Mobile Hotspot on Windows Startup?: Good Day, Does anyone knows how can I achieve this? [ATTACH] Thanks, NicoTing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-to-start-mobile-hotspot-on-windows-startup/2f25bbf5-602f-4911-9c44-dcec1008cc46
  8. windows 10 mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 mobile hotspot: Hi Using LAN I am able to create mobile hotspot and also able to connect to my android phone,But not able to browse.I have done all the settings posted in discussion:...
  9. How to delete speech language from windows 10 mobile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete speech language from windows 10 mobile?: This question is in relation to "speech". I want to install English (Australia) as my default. My phone has come with Chinese (Simplified, China) installed, English (United States) installed and English (United Kingdom) default. I want to at least uninstall the Chinese and...
  10. [Windows 10] Mobile Hotspot is not working.

[Windows 10] Mobile Hotspot is not working.: So I have a Lenovo Y700 laptop with Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165) running on it. I cannot connect my mobile phone (or any other device) to the Mobile Hotspot's network. I can turn on/off Mobile Hotspot, edit network name, password, and band but my mobile phone...