Windows 10: How to delete iso

Discus and support How to delete iso in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I delete a iso i tried deleting it the normal way but that failed and neither iso can be mounted because one has nothing on it the other I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kia201126, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Kia201126 Win User

How to delete iso

How do I delete a iso i tried deleting it the normal way but that failed and neither iso can be mounted because one has nothing on it the other I don't even know what the problem is with the second one but I can't Delete it the file by putting on my desktop the putting in the trash because it took up majority of the storage along with a vm i used to have a vm but I deleted that so I'm deleting the iso and it says its in the downloads folder but it's not there.

:)

Kia201126, Nov 24, 2022

2. Need ISO maker

I tried imgburn followed step by step and it sucks ...burned an image supposed to be ISO endend up in UDF ..not auto executable and scraped a dvd for it. Gonna try alcohol thx

MohawkAngel, Nov 24, 2022
  3. timta2 Win User
    Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

Optical disc image - Wikipedia

timta2, Nov 24, 2022
  4. f14tomcat Win User

How to delete iso

Error Generating ISO

@Kari,

A suggestion at step 3.7, page #1:

3.7) Browse to UUPtoISO\UUPs folder, select all files you pasted there in step 2.5 and delete them, leaving the folder empty and ready for the next build upgrade

Instead of deleting the 229 (?) files, zip them to one and store for safe keeping, at least temporarily. Never can be sure of the finished product (ISO) until it's been used/tested. Any number of reasons for it to be unusable. Not suggesting this process is faulty, I've used it and it works perfectly. Even upgraded a VM with the ISO. And......there may be some who might be in need of the files. Corrupt copy, forgot to copy, etc. Handy to have the zip file available to "share". Funny how the zipped file size is suspiciously similar to the size of an install.esd. I used 7-Zip, but any would do.

Just a suggestion. TC

Stats:

How to delete iso [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

How to delete iso

1. How to delete iso - Similar Threads - delete iso

2. How to delete kali linux .iso file from windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete kali linux .iso file from windows 11?: I was trying to set up a virtual machine to play around with different distributions of linux. I made sure everything I downloaded was from the official website for each distribution kali and ubuntu. After I downloaded these files I ran a full scan with windows defender just...
  3. How to delete kali linux .iso file from windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete kali linux .iso file from windows 11?: I was trying to set up a virtual machine to play around with different distributions of linux. I made sure everything I downloaded was from the official website for each distribution kali and ubuntu. After I downloaded these files I ran a full scan with windows defender just...
  4. Data deleted from USB drive while downloading windows 10 iso file

Data deleted from USB drive while downloading windows 10 iso file: I was trying to download Windows 10 via the USB option. However, when the download was finished, I noticed all my files in the USB such as excel, pdf, etc. have all been deleted and all that is left are the Windows 10 files. I would like to, if possible, restore everything in...
  5. Data deleted from USB drive while downloading windows 10 iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data deleted from USB drive while downloading windows 10 iso file: I was trying to download Windows 10 via the USB option. However, when the download was finished, I noticed all my files in the USB such as excel, pdf, etc. have all been deleted and all that is left are the Windows 10 files. I would like to, if possible, restore everything in...
  6. Data deleted from USB drive while downloading windows 10 iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. .ISO files in a folder of the same name deletes them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .ISO files in a folder of the same name deletes them?: I tried to move a file Spore.iso into a folder called Spore on an exFAT formatted sd card and it threw Error 0x80070570, so i moved the iso to the sd card, where the Spore folder was and it was fine, when i tried to move it from the sd card to the Spore folder, it threw...
  8. .ISO files in a folder of the same name deletes them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .ISO files in a folder of the same name deletes them?: I tried to move a file Spore.iso into a folder called Spore on an exFAT formatted sd card and it threw Error 0x80070570, so i moved the iso to the sd card, where the Spore folder was and it was fine, when i tried to move it from the sd card to the Spore folder, it threw...
  9. .ISO files in a folder of the same name deletes them?

10. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete iso file: Today I was downloading a iso file to be use in a virtual machine for a test, and once I was done I just deleted it but I couldn't,it said "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in System" when I just ejected it a moment ago, now when I try to mount it it...