Windows 10: How to delete linked Microsoft accounts - Windows 10

Discus and support How to delete linked Microsoft accounts - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,My Surface constantly shows a message, that there is a problem with a Microsoft account. When I click on the notification I get a pop-up where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steradiant, Aug 13, 2021.

1. How to delete linked Microsoft accounts - Windows 10

Hello,My Surface constantly shows a message, that there is a problem with a Microsoft account. When I click on the notification I get a pop-up where I should log in in an old Microsoft account which doesn't exist anymore. I have also some other linked accounts they are listed under Email & accounts which I want to delete. These accounts are old university accounts. When I click on the account, I only can click 'Manage' where I again have to log in into an old account which isn't active anymore.How can I delete these accounts?

:)

Steradiant, Aug 13, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to delete linked Microsoft accounts - Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Aug 13, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2021
  4. How to delete linked Microsoft accounts - Windows 10

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

How to delete linked Microsoft accounts - Windows 10 [​IMG]

MCardona81, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

How to delete linked Microsoft accounts - Windows 10

1. How to delete linked Microsoft accounts - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - delete linked Microsoft

2. Microsoft account linked to minecraft account got deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account linked to minecraft account got deleted.: Hello,My laptop got hacked recently and i lost admin control. But with your help earlier i have fixed this problem. However the hacker has deleted my microsoft account with the email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** . I have contacted you through your forms but i...
  3. Microsoft account linked to minecraft account got deleted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account linked to minecraft account got deleted.: Hello,My laptop got hacked recently and i lost admin control. But with your help earlier i have fixed this problem. However the hacker has deleted my microsoft account with the email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** . I have contacted you through your forms but i...
  4. Windows user linked to deleted Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows user linked to deleted Microsoft account: Hello,I am currently attempting to unlink a currently used user account on Windows 10 from its Microsoft account, as the Microsoft account connected to it has been closed as the email used on it no longer exists. However, now the Windows user is linked to a non-existent...
  5. Windows user linked to deleted Microsoft account

Windows user linked to deleted Microsoft account: Hello,I am currently attempting to unlink a currently used user account on Windows 10 from its Microsoft account, as the Microsoft account connected to it has been closed as the email used on it no longer exists. However, now the Windows user is linked to a non-existent...
  6. Windows user linked to deleted Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account linked with deleted email: How can I access my Microsoft account with my deleted email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-linked-with-deleted-email/0b618d3b-f06f-46c6-ad31-d15511fe50ad
  8. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account linked with deleted email: How can I access my Microsoft account with my deleted email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-linked-with-deleted-email/0b618d3b-f06f-46c6-ad31-d15511fe50ad
  9. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

10. How to delete Windows 10 Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete Windows 10 Microsoft account: [SIZE=2]Members Can someone please explain to me how I can delete my Microsoft account . I have been trying to deleted the password for several weeks and have not had any luck. I have tried several sites such as this one and the results are not any good. 174181