Windows 10: How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?

Discus and support How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to delete two shortcuts in my desktop using powershell or cmd but each of them doesn't recognize them. when I enter `dir` in both cmd and pwsh,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jugert Mucomaj, Oct 21, 2021.

1. How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?

I want to delete two shortcuts in my desktop using powershell or cmd but each of them doesn't recognize them. when I enter `dir` in both cmd and pwsh, they jusy not show the shortcuts. it seems like they are ghosts. how can I make to fix this?

:)

Jugert Mucomaj, Oct 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

Hi Jom,

We suggest performing the steps provided above for us to troubleshoot your issue with copying .lnk files to any devices.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

• Just to confirm, are you having issues copying shortcuts (.lnk files) to any devices?
      Yes
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue? No, Except what is described in this trade
    • Are you receiving any error messages? It seems like there is some messages there are suppressed, there is appearing some sounds, like error sounds but no message displayed.
    • Is the issue the same when copying a different file? nope, only on the .lnk files
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to troubleshoot the issue?
      What is described in my previous comments

When it was working before the specified Windows 10 updates, it would sometimes prompt if want to do or accept something ... But unfortunately I can't remember what is was, i think it was something about if you want to do is for this files types
      and again if you want to do it for all the following files as well.

j.o.mortensen, Oct 21, 2021
  4. How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?

Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

Hi,

We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Just to confirm, are you having issues copying shortcuts (.lnk files) to any devices?
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Is the issue the same when copying a different file?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to troubleshoot the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Lov Dollente, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?

1. How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell? - Similar Threads - delete lnk files

2. How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete .lnk files using CMD or Powershell?: I want to delete two shortcuts in my desktop using powershell or cmd but each of them doesn't recognize them. when I enter `dir` in both cmd and pwsh, they jusy not show the shortcuts. it seems like they are ghosts. how can I make to fix this?...
  3. Delete files using cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete files using cmd: Hello, I want to search and delete files, in a folder by file extension ie: all files with extension jpeg, in a folder and it's subfolders ie: D:\New Can someone please write me a script to do that? Regards 181303
  4. error 0x80070780 - Can't delete lnk files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error 0x80070780 - Can't delete lnk files: Hi there. So I can't delete these two shortcuts that became lnk files after messing with and subsequently deleting dropbox from my computer. I've tried everything in this article and more: https://tech-blogs.com/fix-error-0x80070780-once-and-for-all-in-6/ . I've even tried...
  5. How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete files and folders using Windows PowerShell: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are unable to delete a file or folder from your computer, you can use Windows PowerShell to delete any file and folder effortlessly. The advantage of using PowerShell is that you can force delete a file and remove [...] This post How to delete files...
  6. Instructions for deleting files, using CMD

Instructions for deleting files, using CMD: Hello to the Community, Need to delete lots of files; some are large. I'm looking for the steps to permanently delete selected files, using CMD (I am NOT a skilled User) The standard Delete via File Explorer sometimes doens't work....and/or is very slow to delete....
  7. Settings using powershell/cmd?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings using powershell/cmd?: Is there a way to manage settings using command line/powershell? Thanks. 124376
  8. .lnk files

.lnk files: The OneDrive Support team have told me to delete the following .lnk files as they are preventing a full sync. But they've also expressed caution:"Some applications may depend on these links to function properly. Remove only the links that you know are safe to modify"....
  9. "Win + R" "powershell" - Eliminar PowerShell Shortcut (.lnk)

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Win + R" "powershell" - Eliminar PowerShell Shortcut (.lnk): Buenas tardes, Tengo instalado Windows 10 versión 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) En un Surface laptop ---- Quiera saber donde localizar el PowerShell Shortcut (.lnk) que se ejecuta al entrar la combinación de teclas "Win + R" y escribir "powershell". La razón es que "jugando" con...
  10. How to use Powershell for simple CMD tools

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use Powershell for simple CMD tools: I am by no standard a programmer. But in the past, I had a job with a lot of skutwork needed on a daily basis. I.T. was always too busy, and non-I.T. folks were not allowed to do any programming, but the command line and batch stuff was not real programming and was OK for...