Windows 10: How to delete messages saved in the sent mail folder on Outlook after a period of time

Discus and support How to delete messages saved in the sent mail folder on Outlook after a period of time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Outlook mail saves sent messages in the sent folder. I'd like to have those messages deleted after a period of time, like 90 days. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tooney(2), Apr 5, 2019.

1. tooney(2) Win User

How to delete messages saved in the sent mail folder on Outlook after a period of time

Outlook mail saves sent messages in the sent folder. I'd like to have those messages deleted after a period of time, like 90 days. Is there a way to make this happen automatically?

Other sites suggest right clicking the sent folder in Outlook, and selecting "properties", then use AutoArchive tab. Right clicking on the sent folder at my outlook.live.com does not show properties.

I am using Windows 10 v1809 OS 17763.379.

:)

tooney(2), Apr 5, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Apr 5, 2019
  3. ¡Firedog Win User
    Mail for Win10 will not save sent and deleted messages

I'm afraid you're going to have to be a bit more precise and comprehensive in your problem description. Please clarify:

1. You posted in the forum for the program Windows Live Mail, yet there is no mention of this program in your post. Where does Windows Live Mail come in to it?

2. You say you have MS office +outlook. Does this mean that the Office suite you have installed includes Office Outlook, e.g. Outlook 2016? Or does it mean that you have a mail account @outlook.com?

3. You say that mail will not save sent and deleted messages.

Deleting a message implies that you don't want to save it, so it's not at all clear what you mean here.

Sent messages will normally be saved in the account's sent items folder. Messages sent from Mail would be saved there, and messages sent from the PlusNet webmail site would be saved there.
    4. POP3 and IMAP are quite different ways of accessing a mailbox on a mail server. POP3 simply downloads new messages in the account's inbox; it has no concept of folders. IMAP attempts to ensure that the folders on the server and their contents are mirrored
      in the IMAP client.

I'm sure we can find a solution to your problem, just as soon as we know what that problem is.

¡Firedog, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Jizzler Win User

How to delete messages saved in the sent mail folder on Outlook after a period of time

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

Change from IMAP to POP3, if supported by the email server, and make sure that "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is checked.

Otherwise, I wonder if changing where delete items goes, and unsubscribing the folder will work?

How to delete messages saved in the sent mail folder on Outlook after a period of time Outlook-Move-Deleted-Items.png

How to delete messages saved in the sent mail folder on Outlook after a period of time Outlook-IMAP-Unsubscribe.png

Example is with Gmail and it's All Mail folder, but if not, can create a folder for the the same purpose.

Jizzler, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. How to delete messages saved in the sent mail folder on Outlook after a period of time - Similar Threads - delete messages saved

2. sent messages not saving in sent folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sent messages not saving in sent folder: hello.some of my sent messages have not been saved in my sent folder. the period was June 6 - July 3. messages were sent using gmail on a chrome broswer.is there a way to recover them?thanks...
  3. Saving Sent folder in Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Sent folder in Outlook: Hello, If I want to save my Sent folder msgs for my business email from Yahoo Small Business, and using IMAP connection in Outlook Windows 10, and I'll be shutting down the business email service soon, will this still keep the msgs in Outlook? Is there a View Messages...
  4. messages not being saved to the Sent folder

messages not being saved to the Sent folder: I found that the messages were being sent to the Spam folder. Messages created by the user should not go into spam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messages-not-being-saved-to-the-sent-folder/f1c6d591-1581-4a75-badc-6c3c0a202f9b
  5. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  6. Outlook - to force mail to be saved in sent folder(s)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - to force mail to be saved in sent folder(s): Hi folks sometimes outlook doesn't save sent messages in spite of options settings This method always works : 'fraid it's a registry trick though (regedit) The Registry keys associated with the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder option are as follows:...
  7. Deleted and Sent e-mails not populating in Trash and Sent folders in Windows Live Mail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted and Sent e-mails not populating in Trash and Sent folders in Windows Live Mail.: I have a gmail account that goes to Windows Live in Windows 10. The problem is, while my sent and deleted e-mails do populate in GMAIL "SENT and TRASH" FOLDERS (whether I delete from Windows Live or direct in Gmail account), they will NOT populate in sent and trash folders in...
  8. Win10 Outlook Mail: all sent messages go to the drafts

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Outlook Mail: all sent messages go to the drafts: Suddenly, all sent messages go to the drafts folder instead of sending. Once they are in the drafts folder, they become difficult to send. All suggestions appreciated. Dee 112489
  9. Outlook 2010 Keeps Changing Sent Messages Folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 Keeps Changing Sent Messages Folder: I have Outlook 2010 set up on 3 PCs to save sent mail items in a particular folder on an IMAP mail server. This works for a while then the sent mail starts being saved to the Outlook Data File / Sent Items folder or the Sent Items folder on my MS Outlook email account...
  10. Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder: Hi there I have 2 Windows VM's testing different releases of OFFICE (one with Office 2010 and the other with Office 2016 installed) Basic edition of Windows is identical -- the same VM "cloned" and on 1 I installed office 2010 (plus service packs) and on the other I...