Windows 10: How to delete non-existent account?

Discus and support How to delete non-existent account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a windows 10. I logged into my account when I was just starting it out, but I had a typo so I entered in a wrong email. Now the system is asking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sweatingshirt, Apr 10, 2020.

1. How to delete non-existent account?

I have a windows 10. I logged into my account when I was just starting it out, but I had a typo so I entered in a wrong email. Now the system is asking me to verify my account but I can't because the account is basically non-existent. Help?

:)

sweatingshirt, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Activity Reporting error non-existent device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that a non-existent device is showing in the activity reporting. As you have mentioned that you have removed the device from Manage device limits for all family accounts, I suggest you to try removing the device from the child account
    and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to
      https://login.live.com
      with the child account.
    2. Click on Devices.
    3. Click on show details for the device that is non-existing.
    4. Click on More actions.
    5. Click on Remove PC.
    6. Click on I’m ready to remove this PC and click on
      Remove.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

How to delete non-existent account?

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to delete non-existent account? :(

Zakin, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

How to delete non-existent account?

1. How to delete non-existent account? - Similar Threads - delete non existent

2. A code for a non-existent account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A code for a non-existent account: I need to add security info for my account. After I put my password, they will send a code. The problem is that it's sending the code to an account I can't recover. When I tried to go to the account on outlook, it says it does not exist. I try recovering it with a code but I...
  3. A code for a non-existent account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A code for a non-existent account: I need to add security info for my account. After I put my password, they will send a code. The problem is that it's sending the code to an account I can't recover. When I tried to go to the account on outlook, it says it does not exist. I try recovering it with a code but I...
  4. Non existent account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non existent account: Hello, today I tried to login to my minecraft via my microsoft account, I had the same one for years. But now it says it doesnt exist, i cant do anything because everytime i write the email adress, its non existent. So I tried couple of things and I found out someone complete...
  5. Non existent account

Non existent account: Hello, today I tried to login to my minecraft via my microsoft account, I had the same one for years. But now it says it doesnt exist, i cant do anything because everytime i write the email adress, its non existent. So I tried couple of things and I found out someone complete...
  6. Non existent account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Delete a "non existant" ibrary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete a "non existant" ibrary: My Exploer shows a library that has no content, in fact it does no longer exist on my HD. How can i delete that fake library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-non-existant-ibrary/3e6baf37-de21-411b-ac11-88ef340a19e3
  8. Delete a "non existant" ibrary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete a "non existant" ibrary: My Exploer shows a library that has no content, in fact it does no longer exist on my HD. How can i delete that fake library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-non-existant-ibrary/3e6baf37-de21-411b-ac11-88ef340a19e3
  9. Delete a "non existant" ibrary

10. Trying to delete a non-existing folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to delete a non-existing folder: I need help so I've been trying to place my downloads somewhere else and instead, it became a file and I didn't really like that at all, when I reset it back to default it replace the file but the file shows still and the problem is I named my the folder "Files" so now there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove a sign in account from windows