Windows 10: How to delete old email addresses in Windows Mail

Discus and support How to delete old email addresses in Windows Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I start to type in the address bar in a new Mail email, various email addresses come up as suggestions, including email addresses that are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BronisDudek, Jun 10, 2020.

1. How to delete old email addresses in Windows Mail

When I start to type in the address bar in a new Mail email, various email addresses come up as suggestions, including email addresses that are no longer in use by the contact I'm writing to. I can't delete them from the contact's details because I've already changed the email address to the current one. And I can't find where Mail hides its memory bank of addresses that have been used at some time or other. Seeing that Microsoft has the time and energy to add a "surfing game" to its update of Edge, I thought perhaps someone might have had the time and energy to fix this annoying bug.

:)

BronisDudek, Jun 10, 2020

2. Old Contacts and Email Addresses Appearing in Windows 10 Mail

In windows 10 People, I have a list of 42 current contacts.

When I start a new email in Windows 10 Mail and type a letter so the program can list my current contacts, the program gives me an extended list of current and old email contacts names and email addresses. Where is this extended list? How do I edit it
    and delete the old contact names and addresses?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

AllanBeason, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jun 10, 2020
  4. galileo Win User

How to delete old email addresses in Windows Mail

Windows 10 Mail - Delete cached email addresses

Does anyone know how to delete individual cached email addresses - or to globally purge cached email addresses in Windows 10 Mail - short of deleting all email accounts and starting from scratch?

I have scoured the web and found nothing that is applicable to Windows 10 Mail. There are numerous references to Outlook, Windows Mail (Vista), and other email apps. But, I cannot find any valid info for doing this in the Windows 10 Mail app....*Huh

galileo, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

How to delete old email addresses in Windows Mail

1. How to delete old email addresses in Windows Mail - Similar Threads - delete old email

2. Deleting old e-mail addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting old e-mail addresses: Despite having only one current e-mail address per person in the People app when I type a name in the To box of Mail for Windows an old e-mail address occasionally appears as well as the current correct one. How do I locate these old addresses and delete them?...
  3. How To Delete an Email Address from Windows 10 Mail Autofill

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Delete an Email Address from Windows 10 Mail Autofill: I read some older forums. Has this issue been fixed yet? It looks like it has been an issue for a very long time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-email-address-from-windows-10/380b0671-418f-4657-9982-5ac257801bb3
  4. Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses: Windows Mail...a bunch of bogus addresses with my name try to attach to my outgoing mail. Can't find any way to remove them. They do not show up in my Contacts list but when I prepare an email they try to autofil the addresses I enter....
  5. Deleting old email addresses

Deleting old email addresses: How can I delete old email addresses for friends who have changed theirs? When I try to send them an email the system summons up the old dead one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-email-addresses/e544e3c5-75cc-4ac6-af24-ca916321391b
  6. How to delete old email addresses?

How to delete old email addresses?: I have a problem removing old email addresses. I use windows live mail and when I am creating a new email and type the first few letters, say for example ch to write to Chris I get Chiltern Railways who I have not used in 4 years. The only instructions I get is how to delete...
  7. How to you delete obsolete email addresses in Windows Mail?

How to you delete obsolete email addresses in Windows Mail?: I have a series of email addresses that are not associated with any contacts within Windows People. They are old email addresses that at one point were relevant but with people changing jobs and email providers, I don't need these email contacts any more. Is there a way...
  8. how to delete an old email address

how to delete an old email address: how do i delete an old email profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-old-email-address/bd6373a2-92eb-45ce-b0dc-b486984ac122
  9. how to delete an email address

how to delete an email address: How to delete email address in AOL mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-email-address/4de7f667-85f2-45e0-aea5-c14ef5be4845
  10. Windows 10 Mail - Delete cached email addresses

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail - Delete cached email addresses: Does anyone know how to delete individual cached email addresses - or to globally purge cached email addresses in Windows 10 Mail - short of deleting all email accounts and starting from scratch? I have scoured the web and found nothing that is applicable to Windows 10 Mail....