Windows 10: How to delete old share from showing up in network

Discus and support How to delete old share from showing up in network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am not sure where to ask this question so, if my question is in the wrong place, I trust that someone will transfer it to the correct section. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nitram, Dec 12, 2019.

1. nitram Win User

How to delete old share from showing up in network

I am not sure where to ask this question so, if my question is in the wrong place, I trust that someone will transfer it to the correct section.

I am using Windows 10 Pro v. 1703.

I recently replaced a hard drive in a networked windows 10 pc. This drive was not the system drive - it contained data only.

To remove the drive, I simply turned the pc off, disconnected the power and sata cable from the drive and then removed it from the case.

Next, I placed the new drive in the case, connected the power and sata cables and then powered up the pc.

I went to computer management to initialize and format the new drive.

I used the same drive letter as the old drive but gave it a new name.

Now, I still see the old drive share name in the network. I am unable to delete the share.

So, that is my issue. How can I delete the old share from the network?

Is there another procedure I should be following for the next hard drive change I will have in the future?

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

C.

:)

nitram, Dec 12, 2019

2. delete an old network

I have an old network still showing in lists of networks how do I remove or delete it

mazetta crawford, Dec 12, 2019
  3. how to remove old network data

I have several old Ethernet Networks listed on my Pc.

They do not show in Network and Sharing centre, but show up as a record in "View your network properties".

They are old connections and I want to remove the record of them as I wont ever reconnect to them. Is there a file where this info is stored that I can access and change or delete?

Cheers!

Normal_User107, Dec 12, 2019
  4. MrChris Win User

How to delete old network interfaces?

So I'm having trouble working with the latest Docker release and it is complaining at me that it can't create a network interface called 'vEthernet (DockerNAT)', because one already exists (true, I have upgraded the version and one did exist previous to that upgrade).

I've had a look using NetworkInterfaceView (NetworkInterfacesView - show network adapters/interfaces information), and I see a number of old (disabled but not deleted) network interfaces:

How to delete old share from showing up in network [​IMG]

However I can't find any way to delete these old interfaces; I've uninstalled HyperV and rebooted - still there.
    I tried registry hacking but made a mess and had to restore from a backup (the listing was gone, but the CLSID was used elsewhere I guess and it's still causing issues).

So; any ideas?

MrChris, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How to delete old share from showing up in network - Similar Threads - delete old share

2. Network shares not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network shares not showing: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 and trying to access my NAS via wired LAN.If I go to Network, the NAS shows under the "storage" section below "computer", "media devices" and "other devices", but when I click on it, it just displays the configuration webpage, not the shared...
  3. Network shares not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network shares not showing: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 and trying to access my NAS via wired LAN.If I go to Network, the NAS shows under the "storage" section below "computer", "media devices" and "other devices", but when I click on it, it just displays the configuration webpage, not the shared...
  4. Network shares not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows networking shared folders not showing up

Windows networking shared folders not showing up: We have a home networking router (Netgear Nighthawk R7000P) setup with 3 PCs (2 are Win 10 Home, 1 is Win 7 Home) connected with ethernet, two Win 10 Home laptops connected via wifi. Here is the current state of affairs, under Explorer>Network: The Dell Win 7 PC can see all...
  6. Old Unused Networks in networks & sharing

Old Unused Networks in networks & sharing: Ladies, Gentlemen and all, On my HP Laptop 5 running Windows 10 I found about 7 or 8 networks which were "hidden" that I am unfamiliar with, or haven't used in a long time. I really would feel better if they weren't there, and that they cannot come back without my...
  7. Network Shared Hard Drives not showing up.

Network Shared Hard Drives not showing up.: I've shared two hard drives over a network from a PC in my home in order to back up to them. Problem is, they've only worked once, and I had to reset the network to get them to appear. Ever since then they don't show up anymore when both computers are on and connected to the...
  8. delete an old network

delete an old network: I have an old network still showing in lists of networks how do I remove or delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/delete-an-old-network/5417317a-8c86-461d-abff-04d55f5fa25a
  9. How to delete old network interfaces?

How to delete old network interfaces?: So I'm having trouble working with the latest Docker release and it is complaining at me that it can't create a network interface called 'vEthernet (DockerNAT)', because one already exists (true, I have upgraded the version and one did exist previous to that upgrade). I've...
  10. Extra folders showing up in Network that i not shared

Extra folders showing up in Network that i not shared: Im sharing 1 folder called Media on the network. When I try to access the computer to see the shared folder on another computer i see other folders shared which i didn't share. Now since trying to fix this, My Android phone cannot access Music, Pictures, Videos folders...