Windows 10: How to delete old WindowsApps folder?

Discus and support How to delete old WindowsApps folder? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have the problem below. Please help me! 1. Yesterday, I have changed Windows Apps Installation Drive to E: -> Windows 10 created WindowsApps on E:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SeCrEt BoY, Jan 15, 2016.

1. How to delete old WindowsApps folder?

I have the problem below. Please help me!
    1. Yesterday, I have changed Windows Apps Installation Drive to E:
    -> Windows 10 created WindowsApps on E:
    -> I have changed back to C: but WindowsApps folder still exist on E:
    -> I can not deleted that folder.
    2. I reset the Windows but I still can not delete that WindowsApps folder.
    Tried manyways: Takeownership, Unlocker but It always said I must have Administrators right to delete. Of cources I am on Administrator account.
    Someone have anyways to delete that folder?

:)

SeCrEt BoY, Jan 15, 2016

2. How To Delete Old Windowsapp Folder in C:\Program Files?

So recently I had done a system restore point. In order to have done that I needed to rename the Windowsapp folder (which I renamed to Windowsappss) which I did and system restore worked. After the system restore I noticed that there was another Windowsapp
    folder beside the old one (Windowsappss) and when I tried to delete the old folder I was not able to and said I did not have permission to do so. So my question is how do I completely remove the old Windowsapp folder?

Windows 10 is annoying, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Tactix81 Win User
    Unable to delete windowsapps folders created after changing location of microsoft app installation.

The solution I found in windows 10 was to go into Settings, system, storage, then select "Change where new content is saved" set the "New apps will save to" to whatever drive contains the WindowsApp folder you are unable to delete, windows will prompt you
    that the contents will need to be deleted, click OK. Now you can change it back to C: or whatever you want, and finally you should now be able to delete the old WIndowsApp folder.

Cheers

Tactix81, Jan 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How to delete old WindowsApps folder?

Hi, use a boot disk e.g. Windows installation disk. (Or one of the mini OS boot disks like Hirens or Falcons etc that boot up a mini OS e.g. Windows + explorer if you have one).

Note: you may have to change your boot priority to be able to boot from a CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
    E.g.
    How do I boot from CD/DVD/USB in Windows 8? - Ask Leo!

Boot to that, navigate carefully through Troubleshooting to Command Prompt
    From that command prompt, find the folder you wish to delete using commands like
    CD
    DIR
    and then
    DEL

Make sure you're looking at the correct disk/partition as the letters will probably be different in that view.

If unsure of a command you can always use e.g.
    DEL /?
    and you'll get a list of how to use it.

There is a way within Windows using advanced commands.

dalchina, Jan 15, 2016
  5. jkteddy77 Win User
    Doing so in a safe environment through CMD still didn't make it go away since it's still a part of the Windows interface.

I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media on a USB or CD.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

jkteddy77, Jan 18, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
Thema:

How to delete old WindowsApps folder?

1. How to delete old WindowsApps folder? - Similar Threads - delete old WindowsApps

2. How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?: Hello, I've reset my pc before and now when I try to move or download a windows app to my E drive it tells me it needs to delete the old folder to do so. When trying to do that it tells me the operation did not complete successfully and gives me an error code of 0x80070002....
  3. How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?: Hello, I've reset my pc before and now when I try to move or download a windows app to my E drive it tells me it needs to delete the old folder to do so. When trying to do that it tells me the operation did not complete successfully and gives me an error code of 0x80070002....
  4. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  5. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  6. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to delete windowsapps folder?

How to delete windowsapps folder?: So yesterday, my ssd wasnt detected and I restarted my pc and it seems to have fixed it. But, when I try to launch Forza or Hollow knight which is in my SSD it wont launch. I wanted to reinstall it cuz i figured its probably because of my ssd not being detected the other day...
  8. How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?

How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?: Hi, I have recently upgraded my pc and moved my second hard drive from my old pc to my new one. I put in a new C drive with more space so I don't need to install games from the Microsoft store onto my hard drive. I reinstalled all my games but cannot find a way to delete...
  9. how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder: My old laptop broke and i had a windows app folder on my :D i have a new pc now and i cant delete it i read tutorials and they all did not work submitted by /u/Agreeable_Ad_7313 [link] [comments]...
  10. Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder

Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder: Hi, So a few months ago I had a problem with an Insiders update so I had to reset my computer C: drive only. Prior to re-setting my computer, I had some official apps installed from Xbox Beta and Microsoft Store on the D: drive which is on a different hard drive than my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete windowsapps folder

2. delete windowsapps

3. force delete windowsapps folder

4. force delete old windows apps folder,
  5. cant delete old windowsapps folder,
  6. delete windowsapps on fat,
  7. unable to delete windowsapps,
  8. how to delete old windowsapps folder,
  9. how to delete windowsapps folder cmd