Windows 10: How to delete or disable agent exe???

Discus and support How to delete or disable agent exe??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I found out in the last 2 days this program called agent.exe how downloaded 200+gb? can anyone tell me what this is and why??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FredThe bear, Oct 4, 2020.

1. How to delete or disable agent exe???

I found out in the last 2 days this program called agent.exe how downloaded 200+gb? can anyone tell me what this is and why??

:)

FredThe bear, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Disable Virtual Agent

Hi,

The Virtual Agent on the support page of Microsoft is a feature and part of the web page. If you really want to disable it, you can refer to the steps provided by other community member in this thread as a workaround. If you want the support page of Microsoft
    to have an option to disable the Virtual Agent, you can refer to the reply of
    Mark Isi

Regards.

Argel Obm, Oct 4, 2020
  3. skytrails Win User
    desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Oct 4, 2020
  4. How to delete or disable agent exe???

Disable Virtual Agent

Do what Westie70 said...

Steps (after you install AD BLOCKER (in chrome):

How to open MSConfig in Windows 10

• From the taskbar, search System Configuration.
    • Select the top result, System Configuration desktop app.

For more info, see MSConfig the System Configuration tool.

Westie70 replied on

If you're using Chrome you can install something like

AdBlock and disable it using that...

Just select the AGENT BOX using ADBLOCK to choose

'X' BLOCK ELEMENT. select USE ON ALL TABS

Cheers!

Be sure to LIKE this. Maybe Microsoft will get the hint?

pepper lee, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

How to delete or disable agent exe???

1. How to delete or disable agent exe??? - Similar Threads - delete disable agent

2. How to disable the .exe file updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the .exe file updating?: I have .exe file on my Windows 10. This program updates sometimes, but it works without updates and I do not want to use it with updates. Can you help me to disable .exe file updating?...
  3. How to disable the .exe file updating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the .exe file updating?: I have .exe file on my Windows 10. This program updates sometimes, but it works without updates and I do not want to use it with updates. Can you help me to disable .exe file updating?...
  4. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  5. How to disable windows services exe

How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  6. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete exe files?: after deleting .exe files they back with access denied other files are able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-exe-files/f065a8a6-9b77-4cf7-96af-875e321ef822
  7. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete exe files?: after deleting .exe files they back with access denied other files are able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-exe-files/f065a8a6-9b77-4cf7-96af-875e321ef822
  8. how to delete exe files?

9. Closed WaasMedic Agent Exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Closed WaasMedic Agent Exe: A little bit ago I used task manager and hit end task on WaaSMedic Agent. Now, I'm hearing it's an important part of the updating process for windows, but I don't see it anywhere in my active tasks. Should I be worried about that and do I need to do anything to fix it?...
  10. Waasmedic Agent Exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Waasmedic Agent Exe: So this application seems be massively eating through my disk occasionally, getting it all the way up to 100% so I can't do any work. Is it safe for me to just 'end task' Waasmedic Agent Exe with task manager? Can I just uninstall it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WaasMedic agent exe 100 disk usage