Windows 10: How to delete or uninstall a Printer in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to delete or uninstall a Printer in Windows 10? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows computers allow you to connect with numerous Printers at different times. The process […] This article How to delete or uninstall a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 19, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to delete or uninstall a Printer in Windows 10?

WinClub, Feb 19, 2021

2. Printer not printing after installing the device on the PC on Windows 10.

Hi Yitzchak,

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer as a work around and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the printer:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the “Printer” device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove its drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

You may also uninstall any related software provided by the printer manufacturer from the computer from “Programs and Features”. For this, you may follow these steps:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that list.

• Search for any software provided by the printer manufacturer in the program list and if available, you may select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

Step 2: Install a Printer

Refer to the below link about: Install a printer

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Win 10 - Uninstall/Print Problems

Hi,

I appreciate for trying the steps to uninstall the printer.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Is the printer connected through wired or wireless?

• When you say “uninstall/remove device from system part just hangs with a green bar that continues blissfully” what exact error message/error code do you receive?

• Are you the admin of the computer?
    Let’s follow the steps below to uninstall the printer.

As an initial steps, I suggest you to try uninstalling the printer application through Programs and Features and check if it helps.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Search Windows for programs and features, then click Programs and Features in the list of results.

• In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, then click Uninstall or Yes.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.

• Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Reference: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02259020/

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 20, 2021
  4. How to delete or uninstall a Printer in Windows 10?

Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

How to delete or uninstall a Printer in Windows 10?

1. How to delete or uninstall a Printer in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - delete uninstall Printer

2. Windows 10 Printer Driver Deletion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Printer Driver Deletion: Why is it absolutely crucial for Microsoft to delete printer/scanner drivers with virtually every Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-printer-driver-deletion/b67a274a-4979-464b-89ab-8034a7763be0
  3. How to prevent users from deleting Printers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from deleting Printers in Windows 10: The Add and remove a device or printer option is available in Control Panel. These options are available for all users. However, if an administrator wants, he can remove the access to these options for local users. This article will guide you on how to prevent users from...
  4. How do I uninstall my printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I uninstall my printer?: I have a new printer so uninstalled old software and reinstalled the new. Printer wouldn't scan and I discovered that part of the old software remains. Tried to uninstall it a message comes up about driverpackageinstall site:answers.microsoft.com and says the administrator...
  5. Uninstalling a printer.

Uninstalling a printer.: I replaced my Epson XP-4100 with an HP printer but when I go into Control Panel, uninstall a Program and CL on uninstall, it won't do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-a-printer/e3471560-ea18-40c0-9cf1-11ed26c59793
  6. printer uninstall

printer uninstall: I am trying to uninstall a printer from my laptop and it is froze up saying removing device for over an hour now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-uninstall/09c980b0-664e-43ca-a6d8-c5d74e040a4c
  7. in windows 10 how to delete items in the printer queue?

in windows 10 how to delete items in the printer queue?: how to delete items in printer queue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/in-windows-10-how-to-delete-items-in-the-printer/61b9700b-9e94-4d44-a385-e6a4a2b70ef9
  8. Delete and Uninstall Fonts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete and Uninstall Fonts in Windows 10: How to: Delete and Uninstall Fonts in Windows 10 How to Delete and Uninstall Fonts in Windows 10 A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. In Windows 10, you can install a font for only...
  9. updates uninstall printer

updates uninstall printer: When updating to creators 1703 and 1709 both times it in-installed my printer. I had to reinstall the printer both times. The printer is a HP office jet 4500. How can I prevent this from happening in the future. Note even though I deleted the four MS printers that it seems...
  10. Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10: How to: Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10 [img] Information When you remove a printer in Windows, the printer's driver is not uninstalled. You would need to manually uninstall the printer driver if wanted. This tutorial will show you how uninstall a printer driver...