Windows 10: How to Delete “Orphaned” TO DO? (Outlook 2010, No Exchange)

Discus and support How to Delete “Orphaned” TO DO? (Outlook 2010, No Exchange) in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Outlook 2010 (NOT Exchange Server), Win 10 64 I have a To Do that I cannot delete, remove, rename, or perform any other action on. When trying I keep... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tperk100, Mar 19, 2021.

1. tperk100 Win User

How to Delete “Orphaned” TO DO? (Outlook 2010, No Exchange)

Outlook 2010 (NOT Exchange Server), Win 10 64

I have a To Do that I cannot delete, remove, rename, or perform any other action on. When trying I keep getting "The message you specified could not be found." Its aggravating because its at the top of my TO DO list, both in Task View and in the To Do Bar. It was generated by a TASK, which has long been removed and is no longer in deleted folder.

Ive run SCANPST as well as another PST repair utility with no luck. Ive run Scannow.

Any suggestions on how to remove this To Do?

Thanks much for any assistance.

:)

tperk100, Mar 19, 2021
  2. jsbc1 Win User

Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010

Thanks for that guys,

How do you set it up on the Exchange side? I have access to the Exchange server but not sure how to configure it to connect in this way. I'm currently connected on another machine (win 7) running Outlook 2010 and picking up emails just fine. Is there something that needs to changed in Exchange specifically for Outlook 2016?

jsbc1, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Mar 19, 2021
  4. watts289 Win User

Outlook 2010 , exchange server issue

Hi guys,

Maybe someone here can help me. I have a thinkpad t410 laptop with Win 7 Professional on it. I had outlook 2010 installed without issue and was using it with exchange (2007?) with no issues. I just set up a spare tower with core 2 duo with 4 gb ram with server 2003 then utilized virtual server to setup a second server with DNS and active directory with no issues. I logged in on my new domain account on my laptop and attempted to set up the exchange account. It wont connect to it. It works fine on my local account but not the domain account. So I uninstalled office and re-installed it. Still cant connect. Is this a domain issue? The exchange server is in a different domain in a different building.

(basically the active directory is home, exchange is at work) and no my laptop is not affiliated with the domain the exchange server is on.

thanks.

watts289, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Delete “Orphaned” TO DO? (Outlook 2010, No Exchange) - Similar Threads - Delete “Orphaned” Outlook

2. Exchange 2016 setup failed on Exchange 2010 Hybrid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exchange 2016 setup failed on Exchange 2010 Hybrid: Hi,My client has a fully working W2012/Exchange 2010 hybrid environment with the latest CU applied and all mailboxes already on the cloud. Long short story, I am getting this error when running PrepareAD with TenantOrganizationConfig switch as part to Hybrid upgrade to...
  3. Exchange 2016 setup failed on Exchange 2010 Hybrid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exchange 2016 setup failed on Exchange 2010 Hybrid: Hi,My client has a fully working W2012/Exchange 2010 hybrid environment with the latest CU applied and all mailboxes already on the cloud. Long short story, I am getting this error when running PrepareAD with TenantOrganizationConfig switch as part to Hybrid upgrade to...
  4. Outlook 2010 (Not Exchange) Tasks are not visible in To Do list

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 (Not Exchange) Tasks are not visible in To Do list: Outlook 2010 (local, NOT Exchange), Win 10 64 The To Do list displays but it is empty. I dont think this is a setup issue. Neither flagged emails nor tasks show up. Been this way for years, but need the To Do list now. Any help? Thanks 176173
  5. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  6. outlook 2010 remove microft exchange

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook 2010 remove microft exchange: deleted microsoft 2010 and reloaded micorsoft exchange will not uninstall. Tired all methods do not work. Ask to setup exchange to erase file. can not do that either. How do I remove it?...
  7. How to add Outlook 2010/Windows 10 new user/profile to Exchange

in Browsers and Email
    How to add Outlook 2010/Windows 10 new user/profile to Exchange: I setup and shipped a new Wndows 10 configured desktop/workstation to a professional who is replacing a failed workstation in a small office that has an existing Exchange server setup and their own website/domain [the email accounts are on the domain]. This workstation...
  8. Outlook not finding Exchange???

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook not finding Exchange???: I have a clean install on build 9879. While making this computer ready to use I installed Office 2010. When I went to setup my regular Microsoft Exchange cloud hosted account in Outlook it could not find the server. It would not find it with SSL or without. I tried a...
  9. Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010

Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010: Hi There, I'm trying to configure Outlook 2016 on Windows 10, connected to a local network. However if I auto set up Outlook it doesn't go through and comes up with ''the Microsoft exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your...
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659