Windows 10: how to delete partition

Discus and support how to delete partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi there, a virus attacked my pc few days ago, a did a clean installation today and I choose windows not to keep any file. but I partitioned my hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nakdickson, Jun 15, 2019.

1. how to delete partition

hi there, a virus attacked my pc few days ago, a did a clean installation today and I choose windows not to keep any file. but I partitioned my hard drive, so I realized one side was still left untouched. I was hoping the clean installation would wipe everything off my hard drive. please how do I fix this

:)

nakdickson, Jun 15, 2019
  2. VBX
    vbx Win User

Help, I deleted a partition, and can't seem to "extend" the other partition

Ok, here's how it happened.

I had 2 partition. XP and Win7 x86.

I shrank the Win7 x86 partition and created a new partition (Win7 X64)

I then deleted Win7 x86 partition.

----------

edit: what warup suggested did the trick. It took 20+ minutes for that software to do it, but hey it worked.. Thanks

3. Melvis Win User
    How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Jun 15, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

how to delete partition

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

how to delete partition

1. how to delete partition - Similar Threads - delete partition

2. Deleting Partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Partitions: I'm using my old Win10 home laptop and tryino delete partitions. Why can't I just right click and delete? submitted by /u/Pi14159265 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kziew7/deleting_partitions/
  3. How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?: I made the mistake of deleting the Recovery & EFI partitions (long stupid story). Now I cannot load windows to do a Reset, nor even just install from a live USB drive. This is an Acer desktop (Predator G3 710), about 4 years old. Would it help to boot from a live Linux USB to...
  4. Unable to delete Disk Partition as Delete Volume option is greyed out on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to delete Disk Partition as Delete Volume option is greyed out on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are running low on disk space, you may want to delete your […] This article Unable to delete Disk Partition as Delete Volume option is greyed out on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Accidentally deleted a full partition

Accidentally deleted a full partition: As the title says, I accidentally deleted a partition on my disk, which left it all unallocated. I still have access to the system since the affected disk was a secondary one. How can I recover the partition, or at least the data? Nothing has been written to the disk yet...
  6. Do I delete all the partitions? More in comments

Do I delete all the partitions? More in comments: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jasongit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knydih/do_i_delete_all_the_partitions_more_in_comments/
  7. Deleted boot partition by accident, how can I create it again?

Deleted boot partition by accident, how can I create it again?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PumpkinSocks- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knmk5l/deleted_boot_partition_by_accident_how_can_i/
  8. If I delete my Windows 10 partitions, how can I keep the product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If I delete my Windows 10 partitions, how can I keep the product key?: Hi. I currently dual boot Linux and Windows 10, and I'm planning on deleting the Windows partitions and growing my Linux partition into some of that free space, and then reinstalling Windows on the remaining space. I want to do this because Windows as it is now will not let...
  9. Windows 10 fresh install. Can't delete/clean disk or partitions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh install. Can't delete/clean disk or partitions.: Hi Everyone, As my title says I cannot complete a fresh Windows 10 install from USB using Windows media creation tool. I purchased an NZXT BLD a few months ago and recently received a blue screen crash and of course I didn't write down the error code, because I didn't think...
  10. Can I delete the 16MB Microsoft Reserved Partition?

Can I delete the 16MB Microsoft Reserved Partition?: I just installed Windows 10 a couple days ago because I need specific apps that's only available on Windows. I make the C: partition too small and I want to expand it but there's a 16mb MSR partition in the middle, and any app that I use cannot move the partition to the left....