Windows 10: How to Delete Phantom User Account?

Discus and support How to Delete Phantom User Account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have what seems to be a phantom User Account in my Users Folder. It is not listed when I go to Settings/Accounts but it is showing up in Windows... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by orealius, Jun 18, 2018.

1. orealius Win User

How to Delete Phantom User Account?

I have what seems to be a phantom User Account in my Users Folder. It is not listed when I go to Settings/Accounts
    but it is showing up in Windows Explorer. It has one of my APP DATA Folders, as well. How do I delete what seems to be an unnecessary Account Folder?

:)

orealius, Jun 18, 2018
  2. AndreyT Win User

Phantom User Account

What "user list" are you talking about specifically? Where exactly do you see this extra account?

There is "User Accounts" applet in Control Panel. There's "Users" list in Computer Management applet. There is user list that drops down from your name in Start Menu (if you have Fast User Switching enabled). There is user list on Welcome screen (for interactive users). There is a list of user profiles in Advanced System Settings... Etc etc etc.

Do you see that mysterious user in all of these places? Some of them? Just one of them?

Anyway, what you are seeing must be this

oymlgoleopw user account - ESET Beta Products for Home Users - ESET Security Forum
    Unknown User Account - ESET Smart Security - ESET Security Forum

The account is created by Anti Theft feature of ESET Smart Security, if you have that feature enabled.

AndreyT, Jun 19, 2018
  3. EdBattle Win User
    How to find phantom user account to delete it

When I turn on the PC every day, the W10 login screen defaults to a 'phantom' login with the correct user name, but lacking a usable password option. Whatever password it wants, I don't have it.

I then click on a second option which is the same correct user name, but is actually my MS account, with my Outlook.com email address, password and PIN. I can then proceed to login. It's my correct Administrator account with all related information running
    perfectly.

I cannot find the alternate 'phantom' user account that the computer initially defaults to every day, and which doesn't work. When I search for it, the 'phantom' account doesn't pop up as a Guest or Administrator account under User Accounts, so I can't remove
    it. It's in there somewhere, but how to find it?

A fix would be gratefully appreciated, as it adds unnecessary steps every time I logon to my computer.

EdBattle, Jun 19, 2018
  4. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Delete Phantom User Account? - Similar Threads - Delete Phantom User

2. how to delete microsoft user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete microsoft user account: how to delete microsoft user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-microsoft-user-account/d099c103-0cd4-4094-a77a-cb78adb44485
  3. how to delete microsoft user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete microsoft user account: how to delete microsoft user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-microsoft-user-account/d099c103-0cd4-4094-a77a-cb78adb44485
  4. Phantom User Attached to Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phantom User Attached to Admin Account: Hi there.I've been ignoring my annoying phantom account for years now. Finally time to sort this out.I seem to have an account attached to my main admin account which windows defaults to when trying to sign in. I have to click on the only other account and enter my password.I...
  5. W10 Phantom user account

W10 Phantom user account: I recently had a catastrophic failure of my SSD C drive. I'm up and running and working fine. My main user account is "Thomas Lowe" but there is another user account listed on the C drive as "tom". Now when I install software the settings are often stored in the appdata...
  6. How to delete a 'phantom' account?

How to delete a 'phantom' account?: I have just commissioned a new Windows 10 pro 64 bit machine purchased from Dell. I re-installed my data from a back up and re-installed all my apps etc... I have a Windows Email sign on as per this Forum. So my new machine had one user account namely me aka my MS Email...
  7. W10 phantom user account...how do I get rid of it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 phantom user account...how do I get rid of it: My W10 ver18.362 desktop boots up to a user account that is not showing in my user account settings There are two user accounts on my pc but my PC always boots up to a user account that has not existed for over a year. I then have to change user accounts to one of the two...
  8. Error on Startup with Phantom User Account

Error on Startup with Phantom User Account: Hi Community, I am looking for an answer to my interesting issue. Whenever I startup my desktop PC, there is a profile that the system tries to log into. It fails (as it was my fathers older computer) and he has since changed his passwords and such). We removed his...
  9. User Profiles vs User Accounts - Phantom Account is Mucking Up Log-In

User Profiles vs User Accounts - Phantom Account is Mucking Up Log-In: Hello, I just upgraded a laptop to Windows 10. I wanted to get rid of the Admin Privileges dialogue boxes and questions - 1 account, always Admin, never prompted about it. I also wanted to get rid of all password prompts and lockscreens. Essentially, I want a laptop I can...
  10. Phantom User Account

Phantom User Account: Hello, I upgraded my ASUS QF550/Windows 8.1 to Windows 10/Threshold II after the MS invitation. I'm also using ESET Smart Security. The upgrade went smoothly and my computer is running better than ever. However, I've noticed that a mysterious phantom user account keeps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove phantom account

2. delete phantom account

3. phantom account win 10

4. phantom users showing up in start menu,
  5. how to disable phantom account eset,
  6. windows 10 disabling sign in makes phantom user,
  7. how to delete phantom,
  8. removing phantom user,
  9. removing phantom user account,
  10. phantom profile windows 10,
  11. remove phantom windows accounts,