Windows 10: How to delete Program files, program files x86 and windows apps from previous install on...

Discus and support How to delete Program files, program files x86 and windows apps from previous install on... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently installed Windows on an SSD and am now using the old system drive for storage. I didn't want to reformat the drive since it still has a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Evan Lapp, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Evan Lapp Win User

How to delete Program files, program files x86 and windows apps from previous install on...

I recently installed Windows on an SSD and am now using the old system drive for storage. I didn't want to reformat the drive since it still has a few hundred gb of things I don't want to redownload on it. I've tried getting admin access from trustedinstaller and all that but it never lets me delete the files. On top of that it then says I don't have permission to delete the files inside program files and adding .old to program files doesn't work. What is the easiest way to delete these old system files without deleting everything else?

:)

Evan Lapp, Sep 30, 2020
  2. Tommygunn Win User

Partitioning Program Files/Program Files(x86) from Windows 10 install?

In the coming week I will be installing Windows 10 Home on my new computer. I will be using an SSD and an HDD, the SSD for the OS, programs and games and the HDD for photos, music and all the other slow stuff.
    So, my question. In case the OS were to ever get corrupted, or I had to reinstall the OS for any other reason, is it possible to have the SSD set up as follows; Partition 1 - OS, Partition 2 - Program Files/Program Files((x86) plus other associated folders/files) and Partition 3 for my games, so that any re-install does not wipe out my already installed programs?

I had no problem doing this in with my XP desktop(OS in C and Progs in D, although not perfect, but was never able to do it with Windows 7.

Can it be done?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Delete Programs Files or Program Files(x86)?

You cannot delete them,if you delete it would screw up the computer.Generally Program files is for 64 bit installed programs and Program files(X86 ) is for 32 bit programs installed.

Use disk cleanup utility with system files to free up space.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 30, 2020
  4. How to delete Program files, program files x86 and windows apps from previous install on...

Delete Programs Files or Program Files(x86)?

how to delete program files (x86)

RahulBisht07, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

How to delete Program files, program files x86 and windows apps from previous install on...

1. How to delete Program files, program files x86 and windows apps from previous install on... - Similar Threads - delete Program files

2. deleted program files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleted program files x86: I deleted Program files x86 by mistake .How I can create same folder ,whenever I have tried to create same folder there is an error as this files is in use.. please help me to create the folder or restore it....
  3. Installing Programs into "Mock" Program Files (x86)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Programs into "Mock" Program Files (x86)?: So I've been doing this for three years now without ever stopping to ask if it was a smart idea. I have a laptop that came with a 256 GB SSD (the C: drive onto which Windows was installed) and a 1TB SSHD (which came defined as the D: drive). I noticed the C: drive was getting...
  4. Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86): I have a x64 PC, can I delete the duplicate installations of programs in Program Files (x86) that are also installed in Program Files? 157505
  5. Delete orphan files from Program Files x86\Common Files

Delete orphan files from Program Files x86\Common Files: I recently uninstalled a program named "DiskDirector" using the Apps/Features uninstaller. The result was not pretty. I further tried the application's uninstaller. No improvement. I then ran Windows Fixit. No better. Remaining in "Common Files" is the is the DiskDirector...
  6. Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86): I just installed a software package published by a company that caters mainly to Mac users and (in my opinion) really doesn't understand Windows well. By default, their installer (install.exe) chooses C:\Program Files(x86)\xyz as the install directory, where let's say xyz is...
  7. Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86)

in Windows 10 Support
    Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86): I just installed a software package published by a company that caters mainly to Mac users and (in my opinion) really doesn't understand Windows well. By default, their installer (install.exe) chooses C:\Program Files(x86)\xyz as the install directory, where let's say xyz is...
  8. program files and program files x86

program files and program files x86: what If I mixed program files and program files x86 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-and-program-files-x86/0e6ed22e-7f14-4bea-ba3c-65079ee7a563"
  9. Can't delete Programs files and program files x86

Can't delete Programs files and program files x86: I am trying to change what disk i am using so i copied over the program files and program files x86 but i can't delete the old it just says file is still open but nothing else is open...
  10. Partitioning Program Files/Program Files(x86) from Windows 10 install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitioning Program Files/Program Files(x86) from Windows 10 install?: In the coming week I will be installing Windows 10 Home on my new computer. I will be using an SSD and an HDD, the SSD for the OS, programs and games and the HDD for photos, music and all the other slow stuff. So, my question. In case the OS were to ever get corrupted, or I...