Windows 10: How to delete RAID 0 array

Discus and support How to delete RAID 0 array in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I want to delete RAID 0 I made with Storage Spaces. I'ts 4 HDDs and one is having problems. It still works, but I have problem deleting or moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tbs030507, Jun 14, 2020.

1. How to delete RAID 0 array

Hi,

I want to delete RAID 0 I made with Storage Spaces. I'ts 4 HDDs and one is having problems. It still works, but I have problem deleting or moving some files. Tried eliminating the HDD from the array, but it won´t let me (stuck at 0,04% use for months)

Tried from the BIOS but it is in AHCI (?), not RAID

I have The OS on an SSD that's not part of it.

Tried from Storage Spaces, it still won´t work. Says it can't because its in use

I'm OK with losing data from those HDDs

Any help is appreciated

submitted by /u/tbs030507
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tbs030507, Jun 14, 2020

2. raid 0 array installation

im trying to install windows 10 on a raid 0 array and when i select the drive to install to it splits the array and then cannot install to either parts

Me

the array is 3 1TB drives. it sees it as 3 TB in the installation manager, but when i try to select it it splits it to a 2TB drive and a 1TB drive. it then wont let me install to either drive

I have windows 10 pro

I set up the array in bios and all is well

I boot to installation media dvd and it says "a media driver your computer needs is missing.

I select the new raid driver and install it.

Then it asks for installation destination, it sees my 3 TB array but when i click on it it separates it into a 2 TB drive and a 1TB drive and then it gives me an error saying " we couldnt install windows in the location you chose. please check your media
    drive. heres ore info about what happened: 0x80300024"

IsaacLintner, Jun 14, 2020
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    M.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0 array?

Issue resolved - I decided to re-install Win 10 to the RAID array - said it couldn't install because Windows MBR and drive needed to be GPT - or something to that effect.

Using diskpart, I formatted the array and converted it to GPT - Windows installed and booting is fine. I had run into this before because I always delete the RECOVERY and EFI partitions from the drives - it is an OCD thing - don't ask - *Sad

This is the current Disk Mgmnt situation - no way I'll leave it alone
    Benchmark below - not that impressed with it - writes much better - reads not so much.

Other issue - the drive does not show up in Acronis when trying restore a backup - this may be the RAID deal killer for me.

I thank you for the suggestions - how could you help when I left a card out of the deck - my bad.

Rest and Think time before doing anymore - THANKS AGAIN!

How to delete RAID 0 array [​IMG]

4. 24C
    24c Win User

How to delete RAID 0 array

M.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0 array?

I am not using a RAID card - there are 3 M.2 slots on the mobo - slots 1 & 2 have Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB drives - slot 3 has a Samsung 960 EVO drive .
    I can create a RAID 0 array using the 2 960 Pro drives - but it is not recognized in the Boot options.
    Strip size was changed to the suggested 128KB after this pic was taken
    I have been messing with the BIOS all night trying to figure this out - no luck

Thema:

How to delete RAID 0 array

1. How to delete RAID 0 array - Similar Threads - delete RAID array

2. Windows 11 won't recognize RAID 0 array created with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't recognize RAID 0 array created with Windows 10: I created a RAID 0 array on my machine and used it as my boot disk for Windows 10. When I went to Windows 11 I wanted a larger boot drive so I upgraded to a GEN 4, 4TB NVME SSD and used that.When I enable RAID in my bios it recognizes the old array and contains the correct...
  3. Windows 11 won't recognize RAID 0 array created with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't recognize RAID 0 array created with Windows 10: I created a RAID 0 array on my machine and used it as my boot disk for Windows 10. When I went to Windows 11 I wanted a larger boot drive so I upgraded to a GEN 4, 4TB NVME SSD and used that.When I enable RAID in my bios it recognizes the old array and contains the correct...
  4. Advice on how to copy ssd to raid array

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Advice on how to copy ssd to raid array: Hi, I have this PC on my office running Windows 10 20H2 that has some expensive software and I would like to upgrade my 128 GB SSD to a raid 1 with two 1 TB SSD's for additional capacity and safety. How should I proceed to copy my current disk directly to the raid array?...
  5. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  6. Convert RAID 0 array to regular drives?

Convert RAID 0 array to regular drives?: After installing Win 10 Pro 64-bit, my internal HDD RAID 0 array began to show an error on one of the 2 drives at start up (Listed as "error occurred" in red text on the screen that usually has all white text on a black screen), and also it's been acting funny, intermittently...
  7. RAID 0 Improvement- I've never had an array fail with modern HDD's

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAID 0 Improvement- I've never had an array fail with modern HDD's: Hi folks I've been using a server for a few years now running 24/7 (OS on SSD and data on a RAID 0 arrary of 4 X 5 TB HDD's) -- I know if I get a fail I lose the whole array but a lot of data is multi-media etc which isn't changed a lot and I have backups. I also run VM's...
  8. Trouble creating a RAID 1 Array

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble creating a RAID 1 Array: Originally, I wanted to create a RAID 1 Array using USB Drives lying around and test it out and see how well RAID 1 works. A message popped up when I clicked on the partition I wanted to mirror and said the operation failed because the Disk Management Console is not up to...
  9. M.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0 array?

M.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0 array?: ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7 LGA 1151 mobo Samsung 960 PRO M.2 NVME PCIe SSDs M.2 drives in M.2 slots 1 and 3 on mobo Can a RAID 0 array be created with the 2 drives? Is it advisable to do so? (I have learned over the years that not everything that CAN be done...
  10. Recreating RAID 5 Array AMD

Recreating RAID 5 Array AMD: I updated to Windows 10 Pro with a clean install and had issues with my RAID array showing up as raw format. I was able to take a backup of it from my W7 drive then rebooted into W10 deleted the array in Disk Management, deleted the array in the controller BIOS and then...