Windows 10: how to delete read only files

Discus and support how to delete read only files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i want to delete something from a game folder and it's read only,when i try to change it i get a message that says error access denied. i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr.pizza432, Jan 19, 2020.

1. how to delete read only files

i want to delete something from a game folder and it's read only,when i try to change it i get a message that says error access denied. i have administrator and all permissions on

:)

Mr.pizza432, Jan 19, 2020
  2. M3cael Win User

Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jan 19, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

how to delete read only files

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

how to delete read only files

1. how to delete read only files - Similar Threads - delete read files

2. Files are read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are read only: All of my files are read only, including files on a data server. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-read-only/5a92e5a7-83d9-485b-8280-145b318ca06b
  3. Files are read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are read only: All of my files are read only, including files on a data server. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-read-only/5a92e5a7-83d9-485b-8280-145b318ca06b
  4. Will making a folder Read Only avoid deletion of files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will making a folder Read Only avoid deletion of files?: I am planning to use the duplicate file finder feature of ccleaner to remove duplicate files form my multiple backup HDD. I was thinking of making the primary data folder on my Main HDD as Read only (suign the read only feature of Win10) and then find duplicate files and...
  5. Files are read only

Files are read only: When I open a file/folder properties they are read only. I have already tried turning off controlled folder access, and I failed to do that because it was never on in the first place. When I change the folder to not read only, it just reverts back to read only. Upon further...
  6. Able to delete read only files

Able to delete read only files: I am able to rename and delete read only files. Why? How do I correct this? New build of Windows 10 Home. Error applies to all drives. Error applies to admin and standard users. I originally found the issue when trying to prevent accidental deletion of files copied...
  7. Read-Only Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Read-Only Files: Hello there, I am running windows 10 64-bit system and i have 1 external hard drive partially partitioned as NTFS and the other Partition is EX-Fat to share files with my MAC. I also have my main drive which is the C drive and it holds the windows files etc. Anyways I...
  8. Read-only files

Read-only files: I'm trying to install programs on my brand new computer with Windows 10 but seem to be having the same problem as several other people in being unable to change folders from read-only. My account is an administrator account, and I changed it so I am the owner of the folder...
  9. read only files

read only files: read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-files/e2f111ee-e6c7-426f-88d2-6421bfd62668"
  10. file read only

file read only: Hello, A folder is suddenly read only. I have tried changing it both as a user and administrator to no avail. Is there a procedure to correct this other than change the folder name? Thanks...