Windows 10: How to delete recent items history when you right-click Explorer

Discus and support How to delete recent items history when you right-click Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! Sorry if this is a noobish question, but I couldn't find the answer in any forum. When I right-click the Exlorer icon on the taskbar, it shows me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hoppe, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Hoppe Win User

How to delete recent items history when you right-click Explorer

Hi! Sorry if this is a noobish question, but I couldn't find the answer in any forum.

When I right-click the Exlorer icon on the taskbar, it shows me some recent items. I would like to delete this history. How can I do this?

Below in the attachments is an image showing the history so you guys know what I'm talking about. Alternatively, here is a link to the screenshot I took: https://prnt.sc/m6pex6

Thanks for your attention!

:)

Hoppe, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Lex Del Win User

internet explorer history

To locate browsing history on your phone, please follow the steps below:

• Open the App list, and tap on Internet Explorer.
    • Tap on the More
      How to delete recent items history when you right-click Explorer [​IMG]
      button at the bottom right.
    • Tap on recent.
    • Now, you can see the recent browsing history on your phone.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Lex Del, Jan 13, 2019
  3. zzeiss Win User
    Clear the recent list in File explorer

Original Title[File Explorer]

When I right click at Windows 10 File Explorer icon on taskbar it shows me pinned and recent items. How to clear the recent list? I tried turning off setting "Show recently opened items in Jump list on Start or the taskbar", and clearing history in file
    explorer under folder options. Nothing worked, list is still there.

zzeiss, Jan 13, 2019
  4. How to delete recent items history when you right-click Explorer

Cannot delete some items from favs. bar.

Hello,

As you are facing issues with deleting the items from Favorites on Internet Explorer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps to delete the favorites items if not yet tried and check if it helps.

• Open Internet Explorer, click on Favorites
      in the Menu bar.
    • Click on the drop down arrow beside Add to favorites.
    • Click on Organize favorites..., click on the option
      Delete. (This will delete all the favorites items in the Favorites bar)

If you don't want to delete all the items from the Favorites bar, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article to delete the browsing history and check if it helps.

View and delete your browsing history

Refer to the section: What gets deleted when you delete your browsing history
    for more information about how deleting the browsing history works.

For more information about favorites in Internet Explorer refer to: Use favorites to save websites you like

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

How to delete recent items history when you right-click Explorer

1. How to delete recent items history when you right-click Explorer - Similar Threads - delete recent items

2. Can't delete any recent items on Taskbar by right click from Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete any recent items on Taskbar by right click from Word: I ran into this weird question a couple of months ago.I thought it would be gone after a reboot, but noI'm NOT able to delete any recent items on the taskbar from Word. But I AM able to do that by right click on other apps like explorer or notepad I've tried to clear...
  3. Can't delete any recent items on Taskbar by right click from Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete any recent items on Taskbar by right click from Word: I ran into this weird question a couple of months ago.I thought it would be gone after a reboot, but noI'm NOT able to delete any recent items on the taskbar from Word. But I AM able to do that by right click on other apps like explorer or notepad I've tried to clear...
  4. Can't delete any recent items on Taskbar by right click from Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to delete recent items from Protection History?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete recent items from Protection History?: I saw a question and tried to answer it, but the thread is locked. I had the same question as I recently had 3 files blocked from saving to OneDrive folder locations this week after WIN11 update.Here is the answer I...
  6. Recently opened folder are missing when right-clicking on explorer icon

Recently opened folder are missing when right-clicking on explorer icon: Hello, until yesterday, I used to go there to go to different locatioins on my hard drives now all the links are gone, how do I fix this ? [ATTACH] thanks...
  7. Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer: When right clicking on items in quick access, explorer crashes. - I have cleared file explorer history. - I have removed unchecked "show frequently used folders in quick access" - When I start explorer via CMD (right click > Run as Administrator) then I can right click...
  8. Right click on Windows Explorer items cause crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click on Windows Explorer items cause crashing: I know this has been asked before and I tried using the solutions in this forums. Interestingly, I used ShellExView from Nirsoft and started by disabling every non-microsoft shell extension. It solved the problem. However, I enabled all the items again, and funny enough the...
  9. Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item.: So I encountered this question: When I opened the explorer, it takes me to the computer page. There are something on side bar. When I right clicked one of them, the window freezes and later the explorer restarts since I see a reload of my taskbar. Windows Version: Windows...
  10. How to remove items from Explorer right-click "New" menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove items from Explorer right-click "New" menu?: Hi Guys, Despite a bit of careful Googling I can't seem to find a simple answer to this: How do I remove items form the right-click menu in Explorer? For example (see the attached pic) I want to remove items like "Compressed Folder" and "Contact" [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer recent delete

2. remove right click recent list