Windows 10: how to delete remnants of many windows versions

Discus and support how to delete remnants of many windows versions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have remnants of windows xp, windows 7, windows 8.1, windows 10 ,windows 10 Enterprize versions in my computer, How do I delete everything and go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lindawilson1940, Jun 11, 2019.

1. how to delete remnants of many windows versions

I have remnants of windows xp, windows 7, windows 8.1, windows 10 ,windows 10 Enterprize versions in my computer, How do I delete everything and go back to windows 10, was on insider a year and cant get back to windows 10, tried 12 months now.

:)

lindawilson1940, Jun 11, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jun 11, 2019
  3. D007 Win User
    Catalyst reporting wrong version fix

Just thought I'd make a topic for this, as it seems, a few people, have this issue.

This an official response from AMD support.

Most people so far have been reporting that Catalyst 12.4 is installed, but continues to show as 12.3 Suite in the CCC software. It's a known issue, but the drivers are installed correctly.

After installing 12.4, compare the DRIVER version to the version listed on the release notes for 12.4. You can also check the driver version in Device Manager for that video card. If it is installed, it should list the version correctly.

Try these uninstall steps first, however:

1. Download the WICU.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securit...-Utility.shtml

2. Uninstall everything related to ATI/AMD and reboot through programs and features in the Control Panel (programs and features).
    Use DriverSweeper (freeware) to remove any remnants of AMD (check the "AMD Display" box) (_Please visit us at treexy.com).

3. Launch WICU and delete anything related to ATI/AMD/CCC.

4. Delete all ATI/AMD folders in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)".

5. Boot into safemode and navigate to the "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and delete any assemblies which have the public token key "90ba9c70f846762e". It is possible that you won't find any, but check it.

6. Reboot.

7. Install the Catalyst package again. It should work now.

*Toast :toast:

4. how to delete remnants of many windows versions

How to remove remnants of windows 7?

Hi,

To isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Did you make any changes or updates to your PC prior to the issue?
    • Have you run the certain game as an administrator?
    • Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode?
    We suggest that you update your Windows. Follow the steps below to update Windows.

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Click Update & Security.
    • Click Windows Update.
    • If you want to update manually, select Check for updates.
    • Select Advanced options, and under Choose how updates are installed, select
      Automatic (recommended).
    For more information regarding Windows.old folder, Windows will automatically delete the Windows.old folder to free up space after a month. The Windows.old folder contains the old Windows system. From the Windows system files to your installed programs and
    each user account’s settings and files. It can be used to restore your system to the old version of Windows if you don't like the new version.

Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

how to delete remnants of many windows versions

1. how to delete remnants of many windows versions - Similar Threads - delete remnants many

2. Windows update remnants

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update remnants: When i reinstall Windows 11, the new updates keep being interrupted by my bad internet connection.. After i reconnect to the internet, will the updates be updated continously or it will be restarted, if yes how can i clean the remnants files?...
  3. Windows update remnants

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update remnants: When i reinstall Windows 11, the new updates keep being interrupted by my bad internet connection.. After i reconnect to the internet, will the updates be updated continously or it will be restarted, if yes how can i clean the remnants files?...
  4. How many versions of Windows OS are available in the market

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many versions of Windows OS are available in the market: Talking about OS how many version of Windows OS are available worldwide. Why a ordinary consumer only can gets Windows Home version with his/her PC or laptop ? Is there a CPU compatibility issue or else Microsoft decides the version of OS for individual consumer?...
  5. How many versions of Windows OS are available in the market

How many versions of Windows OS are available in the market: Talking about OS how many version of Windows OS are available worldwide. Why a ordinary consumer only can gets Windows Home version with his/her PC or laptop ? Is there a CPU compatibility issue or else Microsoft decides the version of OS for individual consumer?...
  6. How many days will the free version of windows 11 last?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many days will the free version of windows 11 last?: Can you pplss tell me bc i am going to install it for free on settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-days-will-the-free-version-of-windows-11/9c4fb57e-5661-40d4-8e2a-52155e40b3dd
  7. How many days will the free version of windows 11 last?

How many days will the free version of windows 11 last?: Can you pplss tell me bc i am going to install it for free on settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-days-will-the-free-version-of-windows-11/9c4fb57e-5661-40d4-8e2a-52155e40b3dd
  8. know if there are no remnants of previous users on Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    know if there are no remnants of previous users on Windows: Hi, my friend bought a computer from a store that sells products that people bought but gave up on buying. He asked me if there is any way to know if there are traces of the previous user in Windows, or if there are malicious programs left (such as keylogger). He told me when...
  9. Remnant DLL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remnant DLL: We uninstalled an HP printer, and tossed it. Its icon remained on desktop and in the printers list of devices. A knowledgeable person went through the registry and deleted files with the printer name included. Now on start up we still get a dialog box stating that the...
  10. Files deleted from desktop leave remnants.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files deleted from desktop leave remnants.: After the update to Windows 10 2004 - whenever I delete a file from the desktop - it comes back. Not as the original file, but as some token off the file. Sometimes the file comes back as soon and the screen sleeps, sometimes the next day. There appears to be some process...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to check for remnants of Microsoft