Windows 10: how to delete remnants of many windows versions

Discus and support how to delete remnants of many windows versions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have remnants of windows xp, windows 7, windows 8.1, windows 10 ,windows 10 Enterprize versions in my computer, How do I delete everything and go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lindawilson1940, Jun 11, 2019.

1. how to delete remnants of many windows versions

I have remnants of windows xp, windows 7, windows 8.1, windows 10 ,windows 10 Enterprize versions in my computer, How do I delete everything and go back to windows 10, was on insider a year and cant get back to windows 10, tried 12 months now.

:)

lindawilson1940, Jun 11, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jun 11, 2019
  3. D007 Win User
    Catalyst reporting wrong version fix

Just thought I'd make a topic for this, as it seems, a few people, have this issue.

This an official response from AMD support.

Most people so far have been reporting that Catalyst 12.4 is installed, but continues to show as 12.3 Suite in the CCC software. It's a known issue, but the drivers are installed correctly.

After installing 12.4, compare the DRIVER version to the version listed on the release notes for 12.4. You can also check the driver version in Device Manager for that video card. If it is installed, it should list the version correctly.

Try these uninstall steps first, however:

1. Download the WICU.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securit...-Utility.shtml

2. Uninstall everything related to ATI/AMD and reboot through programs and features in the Control Panel (programs and features).
    Use DriverSweeper (freeware) to remove any remnants of AMD (check the "AMD Display" box) (_Please visit us at treexy.com).

3. Launch WICU and delete anything related to ATI/AMD/CCC.

4. Delete all ATI/AMD folders in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)".

5. Boot into safemode and navigate to the "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and delete any assemblies which have the public token key "90ba9c70f846762e". It is possible that you won't find any, but check it.

6. Reboot.

7. Install the Catalyst package again. It should work now.

*Toast :toast:

4. how to delete remnants of many windows versions

How to remove remnants of windows 7?

Hi,

To isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Did you make any changes or updates to your PC prior to the issue?
    • Have you run the certain game as an administrator?
    • Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode?
    We suggest that you update your Windows. Follow the steps below to update Windows.

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Click Update & Security.
    • Click Windows Update.
    • If you want to update manually, select Check for updates.
    • Select Advanced options, and under Choose how updates are installed, select
      Automatic (recommended).
    For more information regarding Windows.old folder, Windows will automatically delete the Windows.old folder to free up space after a month. The Windows.old folder contains the old Windows system. From the Windows system files to your installed programs and
    each user account’s settings and files. It can be used to restore your system to the old version of Windows if you don't like the new version.

Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

how to delete remnants of many windows versions

1. how to delete remnants of many windows versions - Similar Threads - delete remnants many

2. How Many Are Using the Latest Version of the Latest Windows Operating System?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Many Are Using the Latest Version of the Latest Windows Operating System?: If you're a Windows Insider you're probably already trying out the Fall Update. But everyone else SHOULD be using this: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-are-using-the-latest-version-of-the/47c3fe87-e1aa-43f4-94e7-bb125e2f94fb
  3. How many versions of C++ does a pc need anyway?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How many versions of C++ does a pc need anyway?: While looking for programs I could delete and free up some space on my drive I noticed that there a LOT of Microsoft Visual C++ versions installed and since I didn't install them I assume they were needed by the OS and automatically downloaded and installed. There are 4...
  4. Many .NET Framework versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many .NET Framework versions: These are the .NET Framework versions I have in my system. Can I tidy off some of them? They are from version 1.2 to 4.6.1. [ATTACH] 127571
  5. Many .NET Framework versions

in Windows 10 Support
    Many .NET Framework versions: These are the .NET Framework versions I have in my system. Can I tidy off some of them? [ATTACH] 127571
  6. Access DENIED remnant folder purevpn

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access DENIED remnant folder purevpn: I am trying to get rid of all remnents of purevpn. I uninstalled first from control panel, as I couldn't locate a different uninstall file. Then ( a while later-months) I searched and found a purevpn folder in an odd place(don't recall, just not in usual program file areas)...
  7. How Many GB is Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Many GB is Windows 10: Please can someone please suggest to me how many gb is the windows 10 October latest release, i want to download it but i don't know if my data is high enough to download it complete file...
  8. How Many GB is Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Many GB is Windows 10: Please can someone please suggest to me how many gb is the windows 10 October latest release, i want to download it but i don't know if my data is high enough to download it complete file...
  9. how many accounts are there?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how many accounts are there?: As I go through this I am both asking questions and making statements. I'm hoping to get answers to questions and corrections or amplifications to statements if needed.<br><br>So there is a basic 'umbrella' microsoft account where the user name is an email.<br> this 'account'...
  10. How many windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How many windows 10 updates: how many windows 10 updates should I have I updated from win.7 home premium to win.10 as soon as it became available I have 6 windows updates since I updated both my 64 bit and my 32 bit pc's are running fine I just thought I should have more updates.So how many do you guys...