Windows 10: How to delete / remove / unpin the recent files from my taskbar

Discus and support How to delete / remove / unpin the recent files from my taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, how can i delete / remove / unpin recent files from my taskbar?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LucaDevescovi, Jul 23, 2020.

1. How to delete / remove / unpin the recent files from my taskbar

Hi, how can i delete / remove / unpin recent files from my taskbar?

:)

LucaDevescovi, Jul 23, 2020

2. How to delete / remove / unpin the recent files from my taskbar

Hi, how can i delete / remove / unpin recent files from my taskbar?

LucaDevescovi, Jul 30, 2020
  3. mgreen10 Win User
    Cannot unpin an Excel file from the Taskbar

Long ago I pinned an Excel file to the Windows 10 taskbar. This means that if I right click on the Excel icon, which is also pinned to the taskbar, a pop-up list of file names appears with the pinned file at the top.

The pinned file has an "Unpin from this list" icon beside it. If I click on the unpin icon, nothing happens. I tried pinning another Excel file to the taskbar and was able to unpin it. The problem seems to affect only this one file, pinned long ago.

I have Googled and tried many posts for removing a pinned item (file, not an app) from the taskbar. None of them have worked.

How can I unpin this Excel file?

Thanks!

mgreen10, Jul 30, 2020
  4. How to delete / remove / unpin the recent files from my taskbar

How to Unpin Mail from Windows 10 taskband

Hello Justin,

Since none of the steps that you've done did not successfully remove the mail icon on the taskbar of your computer, we recommend that you follow the steps below on how to unpin an application on your taskbar:

• Search the application in your Start menu.
    • Right-click or press and hold on the application that you want to remove from the taskbar.
    • Click on More.
    • Click on Unpin from taskbar to remove it.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

How to delete / remove / unpin the recent files from my taskbar

1. How to delete / remove / unpin the recent files from my taskbar - Similar Threads - delete remove unpin

2. Windows unpins apps from the taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows unpins apps from the taskbar: Hello,I would like to ask, if there is someone who has a problem with pinned application to taskbar. When I download app from Microsoft Store like Messenger or WhatsApp, I pin it to taskbar. However, when I run the app, it unpins and in Start Menu it shows something like...
  3. How to unpin a deleted folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to unpin a deleted folder?: [ATTACH] I deleted a folder that I had pinned, how can I unpin it? https://preview.redd.it/l7oh0io0hjc61.png?width=833&format=png&auto=webp&s=9695739f5d0610b048fa8f33c8a387444f2156e7 submitted by /u/OnderGok [link] [comments]...
  4. Can’t unpin or remove program icons from Windows 10 Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t unpin or remove program icons from Windows 10 Taskbar: [ATTACH]The Taskbar is an integral part of the Windows desktop that continually notifies which programs are currently running on your PC. Users like to pin […] This article Can’t unpin or remove program icons from Windows 10 Taskbar first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  5. Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar: I have 2 apps (E-Mail and Edge) in taskbar that doesn't shows icons. It is so annoying that I cannot even Unpin from taskbar. I have done following without helping: * Uninstalled and Installed the app again * Unpined from Startmenu * Deleted %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet...
  6. "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken: Hi; i say it is broken because when we right-click on Edge and click UnPin, Nothing Happens! I've read posts that say i will have to alter xml files or the like in order to remove Edge from the taskbar; we are not saavy enough to get into that type of fix. This is a bug. Will...
  7. How To Remove Recent Files..

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Remove Recent Files..: ver 1903 build 18362 I don't like that recent files thing coming up in explorer all the time. very embarrassing, people can see where I've been... So I google how to remove it and places like Tom's hardware spell it out quite clearly... But, as so often seems to happen,...
  8. Cannot unpin an Excel file from the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot unpin an Excel file from the Taskbar: Long ago I pinned an Excel file to the Windows 10 taskbar. This means that if I right click on the Excel icon, which is also pinned to the taskbar, a pop-up list of file names appears with the pinned file at the top. The pinned file has an "Unpin from this list" icon beside...
  9. How do I remove the recent files list from an application on my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the recent files list from an application on my taskbar?: When I want to open a recently viewed Notebook text or Word document, whose app icons are seated on my taskbar, I right-click to view a list of recent files. What I want to know is, how do I stop this compilation from occurring? Or, how can I limit the number of files being...
  10. Can't unpin items from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin items from the taskbar: I can pin items to the taskbar but when I right click on an item I can't unpin. Only had this problem with 10240. 8606