Windows 10: How to delete saved passwords

Discus and support How to delete saved passwords in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I delete all my saved passwords on Microsoft so I can use a different password?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Joycie Gilpin, Jul 25, 2022.

1. How to delete saved passwords

How do I delete all my saved passwords on Microsoft so I can use a different password?

:)

Joycie Gilpin, Jul 25, 2022
  2. tony359 Win User

Edge refusing to delete passwords

Hello all,

I've started using a password manager and I am trying to tell Edge that I want all the stored passwords deleted - they are now handled by the password manager.

I followed the last step of your tutorial here: How to Delete Saved Passwords for Sites in Microsoft Edge Chromium

However, when I select Passwords (I have 700+) and I confirm, Edge takes me back to the previous screen but passwords are not being deleted. I can try as much as I want, passwords are always displayed - and suggested, despite the "offer to save password" is disabled.

Any help please?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

quick update

I did not realise that I can navigate to the "Passwords" screen and select them all. Then delete them all. So, problem solved.

Still, the option to remove all the passwords in "clear browsing data" does not work How to delete saved passwords :)

Thanks!

tony359, Jul 25, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 25, 2022
  4. How to delete saved passwords

Delete saved WiFi/WLAN password for specific user

How can we delete the saved WiFi/WLAN password (the one that is used for 'connect automatically') for a specific «User Profile» listed above?

I don't want to delete the complete «User Profile», only the password.
    Or do I 'delete' the wireless network profile but it reapperas on the next WiFi scan without password?

WTenNewbie, Jul 25, 2022
Thema:

How to delete saved passwords

1. How to delete saved passwords - Similar Threads - delete saved passwords

2. how to find saved passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to find saved passwords: how to find saved passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-saved-passwords/b20b8556-7c99-4e3e-ab85-ea9b68aba0f6
  3. how to find saved passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to find saved passwords: how to find saved passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-saved-passwords/b20b8556-7c99-4e3e-ab85-ea9b68aba0f6
  4. How to delete saved passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete saved passwords: How do I delete all my saved passwords on Microsoft so I can use a different password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-saved-passwords/4bf4874b-76a0-4ae3-9560-353be9943740
  5. How to delete saved passwords

How to delete saved passwords: How do I delete all my saved passwords on Microsoft so I can use a different password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-saved-passwords/4bf4874b-76a0-4ae3-9560-353be9943740
  6. deleted saved passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted saved passwords: HELP!!! As I was clearing out my search history on my Samsung phone, somehow, I accidently hit the clear passwords tab to on.....Now I have no saved passwords, is there anything that I can do to restore them. I was in Google Chrome.Thanks Toni...
  7. deleted saved passwords

deleted saved passwords: HELP!!! As I was clearing out my search history on my Samsung phone, somehow, I accidently hit the clear passwords tab to on.....Now I have no saved passwords, is there anything that I can do to restore them. I was in Google Chrome.Thanks Toni...
  8. Microsoft Edge keeps deleting saved passwords

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge keeps deleting saved passwords: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is one of the best web browsers for Windows users. It comes with some unique features that you will not find in other web browsers, like Math Solver, Vertical Tabs, etc. If you are a Microsoft Edge user, you probably know that Edge lets you save...
  9. Saved passwords of browsers are deleted at uncertain times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Saved passwords of browsers are deleted at uncertain times: After installing the latest updates of the Windows 10 operating system, saved browser passwords are deleted at random times. The same is true for all three browsers Google Chrome, Opera, and Brave. Browser passwords saved at uncertain moments are deleted and I have to...
  10. deleting a saved password or replacing it

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleting a saved password or replacing it: how do I change a saved password or replace it in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-saved-password-or-replacing-it/3ea5f68d-9bea-4b66-860e-3464e3657d99