Windows 10: How to delete Slim Cleaner & Slim Service from my computer

Discus and support How to delete Slim Cleaner & Slim Service from my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 files on my Win 10 Computer: 1. Slim Cleaner 2. Slim Service They are interlocked so they can't be deleted! I don't know how they got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tully, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Tully Win User

How to delete Slim Cleaner & Slim Service from my computer

I have 2 files on my Win 10 Computer:

1. Slim Cleaner
    2. Slim Service

They are interlocked so they can't be deleted!
    I don't know how they got on my computer in the first place!
    Are they some kind of virus?
    Must be bad if you can't delete them!

:)

Tully, Nov 29, 2016

2. Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\SlimCleaner Plus

You could try to figure how it is misconfigured but that may not be easy. The simple solution is to remove the scheduled task and start again from within Slim Cleaner Plus, or uninstall and reinstall Slim Cleaner Plus. My inclination would be to remove
    Slim Cleaner and not bother reinstalling.

SlimCleaner Plus

SlimCleaner Plus by SlimWare Utilities - Should I Remove It?

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 29, 2016
  3. How to unistall Slim Cleaner Plus

Windows 10 included Slim Cleaner Plus. Control Panel listed Slim Cleaner Plus. I clicked to uninstall the program several times and each time shows a window that the "Slim Cleaner Plus server is unreachable.

There is other procedure to uninstall Slim Cleaner Plus.

HGutierrezPK, Nov 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Slim cleaner has been around a long time. You can upload exe's to Virustotal if unsure after any scan you've done.

How do you delete them? I think 'How do I uninstall the program' is more relevant.

First see if you can uninstall the program in the normal way.
    Second, if not, use Revo uninstaller (free) and if necessary use the Force uninstall menu option and browse to the program.

dalchina, Nov 29, 2016
  5. Tully Win User
    How do you delete them? I think 'How do I uninstall the program' is more relevant.

I tried every way I could think & all I got was "Can not delete, program is open in another folder"
    The "Other folder says the same thing!"

Will try that program if I can find it!

Thanx,

First see if you can uninstall the program in the normal way.
    Second, if not, use Revo uninstaller (free) and if necessary use the Force uninstall menu option and browse to the program.[/QUOTE]

Tully, Nov 30, 2016
  6. Tully Win User
    Well, Cortana came to my aid again, she found it in about 3 seconds!

Tully, Nov 30, 2016
  7. Hi:

Yep, according to at least one thread at MS community (from 2014), Revo was/is the way to get rid of this:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/uninstall-slimcleaner-plus/c88fe321-03af-4b57-a000-78748f2b89eb

Until recently, it was also classified as a PUP for removal by MBAM.
    See here:
    Slim Cleaner - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Malwarebytes Forums

However, if I read that thread correctly, it sounds as if the Malwarebytes folks subsequently backed-off on that detection.
    So perhaps it will no longer detect/remove it?
    Not sure why they changed their mind, but I guess you could try it and see.
    MBAM is available here (all you need is the Free version, but a 14-day Trial will be enabled by default during the setup wizard, unless you opt-out. You can end the Trial at any point, if you want.):
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

Before you run the scan, be sure that under "Settings" > "Detection and Protection" > "Non-malware Protection" that you have both PUPs and PUMs set to "Treat Detections as Malware".

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 30, 2016
  8. CMD
    cmd Win User

Slimware is an adware , it will slow up our computer and will show popups. I used a tool from beeping computers to remove it from win 7 computer( I am sorry I forgot its name, check their site you can find it)

Thema:

1. How to delete Slim Cleaner & Slim Service from my computer - Similar Threads - delete Slim Cleaner

2. Slim 1320 Camera

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slim 1320 Camera: HI, I have a Genius 1320 Slim Camera, windows 10 install all the drivers, for example skype for bussiness can you the camera, but in the windows camera app, wont appear, only the integrated laptop camera. How can i configure this ? submitted by /u/tiagoggama [link]...
  3. Anker Soundbuds slim not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anker Soundbuds slim not connecting: I have what I believe is a working pair of anker soundbud slim headphones. However, when they are connected to my laptop a lenovo ideapad s-340 with Windows 10 I cannot hear anything expect for some occasional static. Also, when I am connected to Zoom with an LG bluetooth...
  4. Problem with my HP slim windows 10 desktop computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with my HP slim windows 10 desktop computer: My computer is not working correctly, up until about 2 weeks ago it ran like a champion , but for the past couple of weeks it'll either freeze , or the screen will go blackout on me ,or it inverts, goes sideways and then the only thing I can do is push the power button on the...
  5. Can't log in to slim cleaner plus

Can't log in to slim cleaner plus: log in to slim cleaner plus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-slim-cleaner-plus/4654abce-f33d-4bf9-8cc3-fff3bc6c46b1
  6. cant log in to slim cleaner plus

cant log in to slim cleaner plus: log in to slim cleaner plus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant/4654abce-f33d-4bf9-8cc3-fff3bc6c46b1
  7. LG Slim portable DVD Writer

LG Slim portable DVD Writer: I just received my new LG slim portable external DVD writer and cannot get it to work. I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I have inserted the DVD that came with it and it seems to be read and a few minutes later the writer opens and says insert DVD. I have done this but am...
  8. Remove slim clean onmy computer

Remove slim clean onmy computer: I wont to stop Slim Clean popping up on my screen all the time. I use windows 10, A, HP lap top. Every time I close down and while using my lap top or tablet an mobile it shows in right hand corner of screen. Have not subscribed to use it an driving me nuts. Please don't be...
  9. Bup slim bk disconnecting itself

Bup slim bk disconnecting itself: I have been trying to repair it but everything says its find no drive and the icon for it being plugged into the usb port disappears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bup-slim-bk-disconnecting-itself/1a4a54f7-09b9-410f-ab27-87773b544462
  10. How to get a slim Windows 10 with a small footprint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get a slim Windows 10 with a small footprint: I still run WinXP. It is speedy, it runs with a relatively small footprint both in terms of HDD (Windows folder is 2.5GB included all KB backups) and RAM (under 100Mb by OS apps). I use different applications and I want a slim OS version that runs just them, without...