Windows 10: How to delete some item from start up menu for windows 10 ?

Discus and support How to delete some item from start up menu for windows 10 ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello every one, I use windows 10 64 Bit home edition. I found in the startup menu an unknown program named ' program' and there is no publisher... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rcweb, Apr 18, 2020.

1. rcweb Win User

How to delete some item from start up menu for windows 10 ?

Hello every one,

I use windows 10 64 Bit home edition.

I found in the startup menu an unknown program named ' program' and there is no publisher name!

I have disabled the program from task manager but I want to completely delete this program from the startup menu.

I tried use regedit.exe to delete this item on this path :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and this path also

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and this

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

It doesn’t appear there, even the rest of the items don’t appear completely.

Where can I find this program and delete it from the startup menu?

Thanks

:)

rcweb, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Jenesis Win User

Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

I'm trying to delete an unneeded folder from the Start Menu. I right-click and then "Explore", navigate to "Programs", select the folder and press delete.

It won't let me delete the folder! (It is an empty folder.) The error that comes up is:

The thing is, the folder IS there. I'm sitting here looking at it. Why is Windows telling me it doesn't exist, and more importantly, how can I finally delete this useless empty folder which is cluttering up my Start Menu?

Jenesis, Apr 18, 2020
  3. 180sx Win User

Hey mate (yes im from australia)

I had this problem just before and fixed it pretty easily.
    Have to use the good old command prompt and delete from there.
    Windows is just gettin shitter and shitter isnt it. might go back to DOS soon lol

Steps> CMD in run > go to the folder (start menu folder) > type: DEL (watever the filename is) and if it says from filename put in the shortname eg. 034Michael short would maybe be 034Mich~l or sumthing like that.

THIS WILL WORK, THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME 4 TIMES NOW LOL fukin vista!!*Bang Head :banghead:

180sx, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

It's probably just a registry entry - run registry cleaner. Or, try doing this; Open File Explorer, browse to \Windows\Start Menu and you'll see the icons there. Delete from this folder and that should remove it.

If the deleted files is stil in Recycle bin, restore it then go back to start menu and delete the file the normal way.

If you can't find the recycle bin...Right-click on your desktop and choose Personalize,
    click the Change Desktop Icons link in upper left hand corner. In the Desktop Icons Settings window, check the Recycle Bin box and click OK.

Hope that helps.*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How to delete some item from start up menu for windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - delete item start

2. I would like to delete some items from my start menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I would like to delete some items from my start menu in Windows 10: Hello,I have tried all the suggestions in a previous question that has been locked. This path C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsThis path C:\Users\tawnd\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsI am unable to unpin any of the programs I want off...
  3. I would like to delete some items from my start menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to delete some items from my start menu in Windows 10: Hello,I have tried all the suggestions in a previous question that has been locked. This path C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsThis path C:\Users\tawnd\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsI am unable to unpin any of the programs I want off...
  4. I would like to delete some items from my start menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  6. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  7. How to remove item from alphabetical start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove item from alphabetical start menu: I have an item in the alphabetical start menu that no longer exists in applications. How do I remove it? Windows 10 1903 Thank you... 162419
  8. Deleted Items Remaining in Start Menu

Deleted Items Remaining in Start Menu: I have noticed some folders in Start Menu of programmes long deleted, but cannot remove them. Any ideas of how to clean up Start Menu? I found one particular folder of a programme I deleted maybe 5-8 years ago?? Win 19308.1202 155168
  9. Items some missing from Windows 10 start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Items some missing from Windows 10 start menu.: Suddenly the "Settings" and "File Explorer" options are missing from the start menu of my Windows 10x64 Pro installation. Any idea how to get them back? I tried going back to a restore point when I knew they were there they still didn't come back. 22642
  10. Can't pin some items in Start Menu to Start Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin some items in Start Menu to Start Screen?: Any of the items under games in this screen shot will not pin to my Start Screen? They will pin to my taskbar though. It's windows 10 Enterprise if that matters. I can right click and select Pin to Start, but nothing happens. Right click again and Pin To Start is still listed...