Windows 10: How to delete suggested email addresses in Windows 10 app

Discus and support How to delete suggested email addresses in Windows 10 app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There are tons of suggested email addresses that show up in a drop down menu when I am starting to type an email address into the "To:" field, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JudyJessee, Feb 1, 2020.

1. How to delete suggested email addresses in Windows 10 app

There are tons of suggested email addresses that show up in a drop down menu when I am starting to type an email address into the "To:" field, when composing a new email, in Windows 10 app. They are not listed on my contacts. How can I delete these so that only the ones I use often show up?

:)

JudyJessee, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Sam Vimes Win User

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Feb 1, 2020
  4. How to delete suggested email addresses in Windows 10 app

Auto Suggest - Old email addresses

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. There is, however, no setting in Mail app to disable the auto-complete setting, you can certainly accomplish this in Outlook web app on your system. Refer to the following steps to do so:

• Sign in to Outlook Web App, and in the To, Cc, or
      Bcc lines, start typing part of the name you want to remove from the Auto-Complete List. For information about how to sign in to Outlook Web App, see

Sign in to Outlook Web App

• If the entry you want to remove is highlighted, choose Delete. If the entry you want to delete is not selected, use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow to navigate to the entry you want to delete, and then choose
      Delete.

For more information, please refer to the following article:

Remove suggested name or email address
    from the Auto-Complete List in Outlook Web App

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

How to delete suggested email addresses in Windows 10 app

1. How to delete suggested email addresses in Windows 10 app - Similar Threads - delete suggested email

2. How to delete suggested email addresses in Windows 10 APP 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete suggested email addresses in Windows 10 APP 2023: There are tons of suggested email addresses that show up in a drop down menu when I am starting to type an email address into the "To:" field, when composing a new email, in Windows 10 app. They are not listed on my contacts. How can I delete these so that only the ones I use...
  3. How to delete suggested email addresses in Windows 10 APP 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete suggested email addresses in Windows 10 APP 2023: There are tons of suggested email addresses that show up in a drop down menu when I am starting to type an email address into the "To:" field, when composing a new email, in Windows 10 app. They are not listed on my contacts. How can I delete these so that only the ones I use...
  4. How do I delete unwanted email addresses from the suggested list?

How do I delete unwanted email addresses from the suggested list?: Hello, I've seen this subject being addressed before but it didn't help me. I'm tired of getting the message below when I think I'm being careful. ugh. someone please help. I used to easily fix this when I had Outlook Express and I don't know how to fix it now. Thanks...
  5. How to delete old email addresses?

How to delete old email addresses?: I have a problem removing old email addresses. I use windows live mail and when I am creating a new email and type the first few letters, say for example ch to write to Chris I get Chiltern Railways who I have not used in 4 years. The only instructions I get is how to delete...
  6. how to delete an old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete an old email address: how do i delete an old email profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-old-email-address/bd6373a2-92eb-45ce-b0dc-b486984ac122
  7. how to delete an email address

how to delete an email address: How to delete email address in AOL mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-email-address/4de7f667-85f2-45e0-aea5-c14ef5be4845
  8. how to delete an unused email address

how to delete an unused email address: I have an old email address and I want to delete it from the account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-unused-email-address/3c188f67-7ade-494f-abc2-fb5def465a12
  9. How to remove suggested email address in egde?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove suggested email address in egde?: Help me to edit email addresses that are usually suggested in drop down boxes. I get these addresses when want to fill out a form. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-suggested-email-address-in-egde/13f15107-45ae-466a-8914-64b32abf69b1
  10. Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions: I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail suggested

2. windows mail suggested address

3. how to remove contact email address windows

4. how to remove an auto fill email address in outlook when no X appears,
  5. mail for windows 10 delete email contact,
  6. Removing drop down email address suggestions mail app