Windows 10: How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions

Discus and support How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i know this was asked here already:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dosendusche, Apr 9, 2021.

1. How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions

Hello,

i know this was asked here already:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/folder-permissions-remove-system/57f73186-4323-4d5f-ae9a-b2e95fa93706
    But since windows 10 keeps deleting my audio driver and installs one that doesn't support DTS or Dolby Digital i would like to know.
    I need DTS or Dolby Digital to work because otherwise my 5.1 soundsystem doesn't work properly. Thats why i need to kick out the OS of the permissions for my driver.

best regards.

:)

Dosendusche, Apr 9, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 9, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 9, 2021
  4. How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions :(

lyndonguitar, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions

1. How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions - Similar Threads - delete SYSTEM folder

2. how to delete a system folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete a system folder: How to delete a system folder under This PC which has nothing in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-system-folder/45dd6f83-e577-4e2b-aa84-9e10b13bfcf4
  3. how to delete a system folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a system folder: How to delete a system folder under This PC which has nothing in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-system-folder/45dd6f83-e577-4e2b-aa84-9e10b13bfcf4
  4. how to delete a system folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission

Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission: I want to remove a driver folder from C:/Windows/System32/FileRepository/ and Windows won't let me. I'm the administrator but it requires SYSTEM permission. I've tried to move it, to delete everything inside, to force remove it from PowerShell as administrator, to change...
  6. Unable to delete folder as administrator. Requires permission from system.

Unable to delete folder as administrator. Requires permission from system.: I am trying to delete a folder on my computer, but am unable because I require permission from "system". I cannot delete it through powershell or the cmd, and cannot change the permissions on it "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." I am the system...
  7. Administrator permission to delete a folder

Administrator permission to delete a folder: Avira autorun blocker needs administrator permission to delete it, How to get this permission ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-to-delete-a-folder/8d4ff131-fddb-408d-8e98-81fe7b6c3e1f"
  8. How to delete Duplicated System Folders from "This PC"

How to delete Duplicated System Folders from "This PC": Hi Team, Good day. In my PC there are some duplicate System Folders created automatically [ATTACH] I have tried to make changes in registry "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" but no use. Kindly advise....
  9. Permission to delete file and folder

Permission to delete file and folder: [IMG]i want to delete an app from my laptop but it requires permission from system and administrator but I can't do it. Please tell me how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-delete-file-and-folder/3d51b993-bd01-4440-8d32-ac348254491d"
  10. Require permission from myself to delete folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Require permission from myself to delete folder: When I try to delete some folders it asks me to give administrator permission to delete it so I do then it tells me I require permission from MSI/BBass (myself) to make changes to this folder. This has happened for multiple folders in my steam folder. I've tried giving myself...