Windows 10: How to Delete Tags (used with photos or videos) from the tag database in Windows

Discus and support How to Delete Tags (used with photos or videos) from the tag database in Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows you can add tags (in Dutch 'labels') to your photos or videos. You can also remove them again, but they are (once created) also stored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kor van Es, Jul 24, 2019.

1. How to Delete Tags (used with photos or videos) from the tag database in Windows

In Windows you can add tags (in Dutch 'labels') to your photos or videos. You can also remove them again, but they are (once created) also stored somewhere centrally. Also when you accidentely created wrong tags or want to change them later on, you can do that on the individual or multiple photos or videos, but these wrong or old tags remain stored somewhere centrally. And these wrong or old tags keep popping up in the auto- dropdown box of Tags which gets bigger every time you input a new tag. Convenient if you want to use something you have used before but a nuisance if they are wrong or old. How can I get rid off the tags in this central database when I don't want to use them anymore going forward?

:)

Kor van Es, Jul 24, 2019

2. Print or find all photo tags used in Windows 10

Hi,

Adding tags on your photos will help you easily find the photos you're looking for. If you would like to find the the list of photo tags you used, you may perform these steps:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • View your folder in Details view to see tags.
    • Click Tags to sort by any of the tags.

Do let us know if have further queries.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Using tags on photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you referring to the Photos app or the Windows Live Photo Gallery?
    I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by Created by Barb Bowman August 11, 2013 from the below link and check if it helps.

Edit Metadata and Tag Photos in Windows 8

Edit Metadata and Tag Photos in Windows 8

(Also applicable for Windows 10)

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 24, 2019
  4. How to Delete Tags (used with photos or videos) from the tag database in Windows

tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

How to Delete Tags (used with photos or videos) from the tag database in Windows

1. How to Delete Tags (used with photos or videos) from the tag database in Windows - Similar Threads - Delete Tags used

2. green tags and other tagging on my photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    green tags and other tagging on my photos: I know i had turned off whatever feature it is that puts green checkmarks on my photos and saves everything i click on to my photos. I have NOT asked for these to be saved. Now i see it is putting description tags on my photos which i find disgusting and intrusive.What...
  3. Tagging photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Tagging photos: Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I identified from a previous photo. Once I have all the Fred photos displayed, then by selecting all I can add the TAG Fred to the...
  4. Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos: This is my first time using this site so please let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to get answers to the two questions listed below: 1. Is there any way to do a search on my pictures folder in Windows 10 that will identify all pictures that have not been tagged?...
  5. Photo tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo tags: Good day team I have an HP laptop with windows 10 Trying to change tags in photos After making changes the old tags return Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-tags/93dae9f7-df07-4b75-98cd-69ba1807e405
  6. Where is the tag database located?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the tag database located?: Hello! I usually tag (and re-tag) my photos to try and get them in some semblance of order. Tagging in the File Explorer Details Panel is real easy. I type and autocomplete suggests something I've used before. Simple, right? But what if I don't use that tag anymore? I...
  7. Photo tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo tags: In a previous version of Microsoft photo gallery I tagged 31 gig worth of pictures using the provided face recognition technology. After restoring from a back up hard drive into a new computer, I can not find any of my tag info. Where is it? Why does it not display in...
  8. Photo Tagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Tagging: Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a photo or a group of phots in Microsoft Photos Windows 10. Thanks....
  9. Tagging photos/videos say Not Tagged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging photos/videos say Not Tagged: I've been using photo gallery to tag and organize photos and videos successfully for some time now. Unfortunately, now after tagging it still sorts everything as "Not tagged" instead of organizing by their correct tagging. Is this a bug?...
  10. Tagging Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tagging Photos: I have a lot of untagged photos on One Drive. Is there a way I can tag multiple photos at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagging-photos/35479a17-c720-4a4d-b523-f0fe2a96a375