Windows 10: How to delete the app "Paste into file"

Discus and support How to delete the app "Paste into file" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently installed an app cal "Paste into file" from Github that saves the image, text, etc. on the clipboard with their respective extensions. what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abhijith kalwakol, Feb 27, 2021.

1. How to delete the app "Paste into file"

I recently installed an app cal "Paste into file" from Github that saves the image, text, etc. on the clipboard with their respective extensions. what it does is that it makes its place in the desktop context menu and runs from there and doesn't make itself in the list with the other apps in the start menu and even doesn't show up as an app in the system. now, I want to delete it but when I delete the app which runs from the downloads folder, the desktop context menu shows explorer.exe can not find the app. now I have installed it again. now, how to delete it without any traces in the system

How to delete the app "Paste into file" [​IMG]

:)

Abhijith kalwakol, Feb 27, 2021

2. Cannot delete files in Temp

~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp

Those filenames, iirc, I have seen files of that naming nature made by applications created in Visual Basic in the past, & they did not tend to cleanup @ shutdown of the apps that made them.

A list of apps you run @ startup could help us help you understand which apps are creating them possibly, just so you know & then you might be able to find apps that do the same task but do not leave a mess around in your %TEMP%/%TMP% folders.

Also, providing us a list of taskmgr.exe apps via a screenshot of it isn't going to hurt either, just so you understand what may be causing that last filename (~ROMFN_000007A8 )

We're all fairly sure the performance monitoring the system does creates this one though -> Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat @ this point.

In any event, I would guess it's apps you run @ system startup, either from the registry RUN areas, &/or startup groups, for the first 3 filenames, mainly because your safemode booting allows you to delete the files & safemode typically doesn't run anything absolutely not necessary to system function (like registry RUN areas & startup group apps).

APK

Alec§taar, Feb 27, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Cannot delete Windows Apps files

Suggested options for undeletable items:
    1. Delete when Windows is not running
    a. from a command prompt via SHIFT + left click Restart and navigate to a command prompt
    - if you are very confident in using it.
    b. boot your system from a boot disk such as Kyhi's availabel from the top of the Software and Apps section. Familiar file explorer

2. Use a 3rd party utility which can be set to delete on reboot (outside Windows).
    e.g.
    EMCO Moveonboot
    Fileassassin (files only)

Note: radical steps to remove all those saves relatively little space.
    Much safer to use the tutorials here to remove unwanted apps using Powershell.

dalchina, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Nergal Win User

How to delete the app "Paste into file"

App for deleting files while being used by another process...

Most of the time, booting in safe mode, as administrator, will enable you to remove those files (maps).

however, there are some programs out there to do just whatyou ask, I once found one after some searching on google. So either try my suggestion, or in fact search on google perhaps?

"Force delete" will bring up enough info on this.

Nergal, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

How to delete the app "Paste into file"

1. How to delete the app "Paste into file" - Similar Threads - delete app Paste

2. Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive: So, today i was having a presentation and when i plugged my pendrive in my laptop and tried to paste some items in it it gave me the following errors→ You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this folderwhen i click continue to give it the permission it says...
  3. Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive: So, today i was having a presentation and when i plugged my pendrive in my laptop and tried to paste some items in it it gave me the following errors→ You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this folderwhen i click continue to give it the permission it says...
  4. Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Delete, Share Files and Folders in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Delete, Share Files and Folders in Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this post we will show you how to Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Delete, Share Files and Folders in Windows 11. The method remains the same but it’s just that the way it is now displayed in the context menu could confuse some for a moment. Cut, Copy, Rename, Delete and...
  6. How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder: Hi, I unable to delete files in the Windows Apps folder. I have tried all recommended options and they still do not work. Additionally, I have tried both Powershell and Command Prompt to no avail. I am confident that these files are not necessary to operating my PC as they...
  7. How to paste files in WindowsApps

How to paste files in WindowsApps: I have been trying to add custom capes on Minecraft by watching a video and it showed me to paste "persona" file in "Skin Packs" but it is saying I need permission to perform this action , i tried everything but it keeps reverting to read only....
  8. NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE.

NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE.: Hello there! I am stuck in a bit of tangle here, I did a mistake of changing my Drive Letters i.e. say from 'E' to "A", I dont remember exactly but now I am facing severe problem of unable to access my video file or even move or copy it to some other location or even...
  9. Deleted Windows apps files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted Windows apps files: I think I might have deleted some files that are required to run all the windows apps like Store, Groove etc. I can't open the apps but when I try they just flash on the screen and shut down. I tried this dudes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh-yYa4CKg0 first method using...
  10. delete unnecessary files and apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete unnecessary files and apps: Delete unnecessary apps and files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-unnecessary-files-and-apps/3733fe49-cfd4-4a8e-910d-d6f70fa75751