Windows 10: how to delete the installation of msfs2020 and reinstalling het again

Discus and support how to delete the installation of msfs2020 and reinstalling het again in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; how to delete the installation of msfs2020 and reinstalling het again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JavierGesta Fernandez, Oct 25, 2020.

1. how to delete the installation of msfs2020 and reinstalling het again

how to delete the installation of msfs2020 and reinstalling het again

:)

JavierGesta Fernandez, Oct 25, 2020
  2. MoLew63 Win User

Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020

I recently upgraded my system hardware from the motherboard out, retaining ssd's and hdd's. I had MSFS 2020 installed on an SSD separate from the SSD on which the OS (Win10 Pro) was installed. I used cloning software to clone the OS drive onto a new nvme
    drive, successfully. I purchased a new Win10 Pro license, and successfully activated it as required for the new motherboard.

All my other apps and programs operate as intended, including Office 365, various Adobe apps and other flight sim software (Prepar3D, etc.) When I started MSFS however, it initially showed that an update was required. The update failed. Subsequent retries
    and various other solutions posted here and elsewhere concerning how to fix the MS Store and/or MSFS2020 have failed.

Attempting direct file removal has also failed since the folder that is created for MSFS is inaccessible even for the system administrator. I've taken ownership of that folder and still cannot rename or remove the files.

All I want is a clean removal and reinstall action of MSFS2020. I've paid for the high end version of that flight sim, I expect to be able to use it.

Suggestions?

MoLew63, Oct 25, 2020
  3. MSFS2020 Ransomeware Alert

I use Windows 10, paid for and started downloaded MSFS2020 over a few days because of data limitations in my area. It got to just 4Gb to go and then my Bitdefender antivirus program displayed two "encrypted files ransomware alerts" in the download cache
    folders and stopped the download.

I enabled my Bitdefender to clean the two folders.

I tried to restart MSFS202 download and it keeps on switching off after about 5 seconds after trying to start the MSFS2020 window.

I checked for outstanding Windows 10 updates, installed them and still no change - MSFS2020 does not finish installing.

MarkHoinkes, Oct 25, 2020
  4. acemassa Win User

MSFS2020 packages directory

Hi all,

For better performance on MSFS2020, I have installed windows 10 (fresh instalation) and MSFS2020 on an SSD Me (M.2) drive and I would not install anything other than these two programs on this drive. (my computer has only 01(one) M.2 slot). However this
    drive has only 256 GB and I did not expect the MSFS2020 would consume more than 10GB with each new update !! Now (after installing the Japan update) this drive only has 40 GB free. I have another SSD drive (but it is not SSD Me). So I would like to change
    only the Packages folder (which includes both the Community and Official folders) for this new SSD, because I am afraid of losing performance, if I change the entire directory of the MSFS2020 to the new drive which is slower.

So my question:

Can I change only the Packages folder for this new drive that is slower? If so, how do I do this?

acemassa, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. how to delete the installation of msfs2020 and reinstalling het again - Similar Threads - delete installation msfs2020

2. Xbox app cannot install MSFS2020

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox app cannot install MSFS2020: My MSFS2020 premium deluxe version was bought from date of released, i remember download it from Microsoft Store before. Today when i play it, it said i have no internet connection, and then popup a xbox window told me i had not login. But the fact is i connect to internet...
  3. MSFS2020 Joystick instalation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS2020 Joystick instalation: Have new Computer, new Joysticks for FS2020 and can not fly nor install the Joysticks. Not even Autopilot works. Magnificent scenery but can not enjoy at all. Spend alredy almost a month trying to install. QUESTION CAN MS NOT SOLVE INTALLATION PROBLEM? Why do you sell a...
  4. MSFS2020 Won't install

MSFS2020 Won't install: I have been using MSFS2020 since launch day and its worked everytime.Following a windows10 fail to boot up and blue screen Autorepair failure, I had to reinstall windows10 but now there is no MSFS2020 on the pcMS Store has the sim listed but pressing the install button does...
  5. Cannot install MSFS2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot install MSFS2020: I purchased MSFS2020, but cannot get the store to recognise my W10 PC device, so cannot proceed with installation???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-msfs2020/65859250-387e-4fb4-9192-a38badcd8bc6
  6. MSFS2020

MSFS2020: Where can i find a redeem code or just code for reinstalling MSFS2020 My order nr, is 3532612183 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msfs2020/ddcee8fe-704a-4c37-9ab0-5da8c412846b
  7. msfs2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msfs2020: when I hit play the game starts to run bur after about 30 sec to 1 min is stops and reverts back to play. win 10 up to date. Nvidia 1050 ti drivers up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msfs2020/4366468e-deec-428d-b90a-2c083ede42ee
  8. Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020

Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020: I recently upgraded my system hardware from the motherboard out, retaining ssd's and hdd's. I had MSFS 2020 installed on an SSD separate from the SSD on which the OS Win10 Pro was installed. I used cloning software to clone the OS drive onto a new nvme drive, successfully. I...
  9. MSFS2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS2020: Hi, I purchased msfs2020 pro, downloaded it from the store and although it ran I realised that my computer was not powerful enough. So, I purchased a new computer, uninstalled msfs on the old computer and have tried to reinstall on the new computer several times. Each time,...
  10. MSFS2020 Installation fails

MSFS2020 Installation fails: Wir haben einen PC Code gekauft und im App Store hinterlegt. Nach Download von ca 1 GB Microsoft Flight Simulator->download startet das Programm bis zum update Menue; nach ca 2min download bricht das Programm ab. Alle weiteren Versuche scheitern kurz nach "press any...