Windows 10: How to delete this ubuntu from this

Discus and support How to delete this ubuntu from this in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/reddit-noobuser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/faztns/how_to_delete_this_ubuntu_from_this/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/reddit-noobuser, Feb 28, 2020.

1. How to delete this ubuntu from this

/u/reddit-noobuser, Feb 28, 2020
  2. darkf0xx Win User

Deleting Ubuntu

All over the net there are tons of fanboys yelling at how windows sucks and Linux is a gift from god, I decided I wanted to try it out to see what the whole fuss was about. I am not computer illiterate by any means so I installed ubuntu 15.04, it froze on me 5 times in the first hour and was a constant hassle to install anything meaning I couldn't get it installed or it took way longer than any of my windows installations. Mad at the lies I was told about this OS's glory I decided to uninstall, the website tells me to delete the partition then extend my windows one back to normal size, I did that then I restarted and kept getting a boot loop so I tried a boot repair and that failed, so I went to the command prompt and used the ol' "bootrec.exe/fixboot and bootrec.exe/fixmbr" commands and that allowed for me to get into windows 10. Now I have the problem that when I boot up, instead of it booting straight to win10 it goes to a OS selection menu and still has ubuntu listed, when I click ubuntu it shows this error

How to delete this ubuntu from this [​IMG]

I would like to remove the ubuntu entry all together and have it go straight to windows 10 again without having to reinstall the OS. Can anyone help me with this? I would greatly appreciate it.

darkf0xx, Feb 28, 2020
  3. rboppy Win User
    Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Feb 28, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

How to delete this ubuntu from this

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

How to delete this ubuntu from this

1. How to delete this ubuntu from this - Similar Threads - delete ubuntu

2. I am having trouble when I deleted Ubuntu's partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble when I deleted Ubuntu's partition: I had a dual boot of windows and Ubuntu, but while digitally cleaning up my laptop, I accidentally deleted Ubuntu's partition.Now I am stuck with the grub 2.0 console. And this is an HP laptop 5 which has a UEFI system. I heard that in a UEFI system we can simply change the...
  3. I am having trouble when I deleted Ubuntu's partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having trouble when I deleted Ubuntu's partition: I had a dual boot of windows and Ubuntu, but while digitally cleaning up my laptop, I accidentally deleted Ubuntu's partition.Now I am stuck with the grub 2.0 console. And this is an HP laptop 5 which has a UEFI system. I heard that in a UEFI system we can simply change the...
  4. Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...: When I try to right click and create a "new simple volume" , I get an error that says there is not enough disk space. I also tried reinstalling Ubuntu to check if I can install again on this disk space. How can I get back this disk space/reinstall on this unallocated space?...
  5. Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...

Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...: When I try to right click and create a "new simple volume" , I get an error that says there is not enough disk space. I also tried reinstalling Ubuntu to check if I can install again on this disk space. How can I get back this disk space/reinstall on this unallocated space?...
  6. Is it safe to delete ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4 D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4 D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3?: It's my first time using TreeSize Free because System & Reversed on my laptop is taking up a lot of space and I wanted to check it. when I checked, there was a file ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3 measuring 4.2 GB. I used to install...
  7. Is it safe to delete ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4 D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3?

Is it safe to delete ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4 D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3?: It's my first time using TreeSize Free because System & Reversed on my laptop is taking up a lot of space and I wanted to check it. when I checked, there was a file ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3 measuring 4.2 GB. I used to install...
  8. Is it safe to delete ubuntu-20.04-server-cloudimg-amd64_693D7F36-D5A5-4 D19-9155-97D97A9B36B3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions: Hello, so yesterday I want to delete my ubuntu dualboot from my system, so I just format the partition of the ubuntu, But after I restart my laptop, I've found that now I can't boot up into windows, sometimes I got an error like, No such filesystem, or simply my laptop would...
  10. Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions

Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions: Hello, so yesterday I want to delete my ubuntu dualboot from my system, so I just format the partition of the ubuntu, But after I restart my laptop, I've found that now I can't boot up into windows, sometimes I got an error like, No such filesystem, or simply my laptop would...