Windows 10: How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop

Discus and support How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get rid of an unwanted icon on my desktop. It is black and white and looks like a light icon that has been crossed out?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MargaretTaylor3, Mar 29, 2020.

1. How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop

How do I get rid of an unwanted icon on my desktop. It is black and white and looks like a light icon that has been crossed out?

:)

MargaretTaylor3, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Error 404 Win User

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Mar 29, 2020
  4. How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop

1. How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop - Similar Threads - Delete Unwanted Icon

2. How to delete unwanted keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete unwanted keyboard?: I have 4 keyboards on my PC: But I only want the first two.When I open settings, I cannot find the US keyboard, how can I delete those two coz I need to press so many times to change the keyboard? PS I have those two before I update the Window. After the update, it was added...
  3. How to delete unwanted keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete unwanted keyboard?: I have 4 keyboards on my PC: But I only want the first two.When I open settings, I cannot find the US keyboard, how can I delete those two coz I need to press so many times to change the keyboard? PS I have those two before I update the Window. After the update, it was added...
  4. Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop: I have my desktop icons on my taskbar.Recently, an SSD drive and the Downloads folder have appeared among the icons. I may have accidently dragged the there, but I'm not sure.Regardless to how the got there, how do I remove them, as there is no option to remove them when...
  5. How to delete unwanted programmes

How to delete unwanted programmes: I have been trying to uninstall a programme for months. I have set a password to it but I can't remember it. When I try to delete them in programme Files86, it says access is denied. I tried to take ownership of it but it also says access is denied and wouldn't let me take...
  6. Desktop Icons Unwantedly Moving Around

Desktop Icons Unwantedly Moving Around: I have an issue that has been upsetting me for a while. Whenever the computer boots, awakes or I plug in my second monitor my desktop icons move around. I organise them again and select refresh to save them apparently and then again whenever the computer boots, awakes or I...
  7. How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?: [img] ---------------- *I have already uncheck all except Recycle Bin in Desktop Icon Settings. [img] Thanks 139653
  8. How to recover deleted desktop icons.

How to recover deleted desktop icons.: I've by accident deleted the recycle bin, my computer, control panel etc. desktop icons. Can someone tell me how to recover this icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-deleted-desktop-icons/885b45f4-0c05-48c9-b27c-d6c228575cc5
  9. Unwanted desktop icon

Unwanted desktop icon: I have an icon on my desktop that I cannot delete. It belongs to a music app not used and long ago deleted - but the icon is still there. I have checked Google Play store and the icon does not appear in their top 500 music apps. It's a green background with two notes and two...
  10. Deleting Desktop Icons.

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting Desktop Icons.: I'm a bit uncertain about deleting desktop icons. I recently got two new kinds: downloaded youtube vids got put in desktop with an icon on the desktop. saved .txt files got saved to the desktop with an icon. I think I've found that if I right click and delete the...