Windows 10: How to delete unwanted programmes

Discus and support How to delete unwanted programmes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been trying to uninstall a programme for months. I have set a password to it but I can't remember it. When I try to delete them in programme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ezra Johns, Mar 10, 2021.

1. How to delete unwanted programmes

I have been trying to uninstall a programme for months. I have set a password to it but I can't remember it. When I try to delete them in programme Files86, it says access is denied. I tried to take ownership of it but it also says access is denied and wouldn't let me take ownership as an administrator. I downloaded a programmes to uninstall it from its website but it also askes that password. Can anyone please tell me how to uninstall it. Maybe using a third party tool or something if not using'uninstall a programme' in control panel.

:)

Ezra Johns, Mar 10, 2021
  2. Jekyll99 Win User

Problem with unwanted folder deletion

I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their contents (all identical) in one fell swoop, rather than have to laboriously wade through maybe 300 separate directories to delete them individually.

Suggestions?

Jekyll99, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Unwanted Programmes

To whom it may concern,

Can someone PLEASE explain to me who it is at Microsoft who imagines they are allowed to force unwanted, non- requested programmes which seem impossible to delete, onto the computers of private users. I thought we had overcome this problem with the disastrous
    "charms" episode. Recently a whole batch of these have appeared on MY computer. I DO NOT WANT THEM.

What is the point in me trying to keep MY machine free of unwanted programmes when Microsoft think it is acceptable to load ever more rubbish on to us. At the very least Microsoft should offer these new facilities via the STORE and allow choice by that method
    or provide simple instructions to uninstall. This is a minimum requirement. PLEASE stop behaving like a third world dictator. What I need now, urgently, is instructions to remove this stuff from MY computer

In anticipation M.Cutlan

malcolmcutlan, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to delete unwanted programmes

Delete unwanted files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please help us with the details requested below:

• When you say, “SYSTEM DRIVE” are you referring to System Reserved Partition or the drive where windows is installed?
    • Which unwanted files are you referring?

If you are running out of space on your computer, you may want to refer the suggestions mentioned in the article

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Please reply with more information to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

How to delete unwanted programmes

1. How to delete unwanted programmes - Similar Threads - delete unwanted programmes

2. How to I delete unwanted photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I delete unwanted photos?: My computer is gathering THOUSANDS of photos of icons from the internet and dumping them in my photos folder. I am unable to DELETE them. Message reads "Couldn't delete. We couldn't delete one or more of the files. Another app might be using them, or you might not have...
  3. How to I delete unwanted photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to I delete unwanted photos?: My computer is gathering THOUSANDS of photos of icons from the internet and dumping them in my photos folder. I am unable to DELETE them. Message reads "Couldn't delete. We couldn't delete one or more of the files. Another app might be using them, or you might not have...
  4. How to delete unwanted keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete unwanted keyboard?: I have 4 keyboards on my PC: But I only want the first two.When I open settings, I cannot find the US keyboard, how can I delete those two coz I need to press so many times to change the keyboard? PS I have those two before I update the Window. After the update, it was added...
  5. How to delete unwanted keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete unwanted keyboard?: I have 4 keyboards on my PC: But I only want the first two.When I open settings, I cannot find the US keyboard, how can I delete those two coz I need to press so many times to change the keyboard? PS I have those two before I update the Window. After the update, it was added...
  6. How to delete the Windows 11 Insider Programme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete the Windows 11 Insider Programme?: Hi. My teenage son decided to 'do me a favour' and install the Windows 11 Insider Programme on my PC. This was several months ago.My PC is too old to accept Windows 11 and he now cannot remember which account he used to download it with, which means we can't get into his...
  7. clearance of unwanted programmes with windpows 10

in Cortana
    clearance of unwanted programmes with windpows 10: Have tried to uninstall unwanted programmes via "Cortina" but this is not allowing it. Cortina claims that it cannot uninstall because of another programme being cleared, when in fact this is not the case. Please advise....
  8. How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop: How do I get rid of an unwanted icon on my desktop. It is black and white and looks like a light icon that has been crossed out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-unwanted-icon-on-desktop/30311986-b3bd-4b7e-9f5a-3d96dc658fe9
  9. Unwanted programme

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted programme: How do I remove Segurazo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-programme/9cddff07-be42-4ef4-80ad-72c3510c15cd"
  10. Unwanted Programmes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted Programmes: To whom it may concern, Can someone PLEASE explain to me who it is at Microsoft who imagines they are allowed to force unwanted, non- requested programmes which seem impossible to delete, onto the computers of private users. I thought we had overcome this problem with the...