Windows 10: how to delete update/ reset computer? I can only ascess to the command prompt

Discus and support how to delete update/ reset computer? I can only ascess to the command prompt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After I update my computer to 20H2 from 1909, when I boot by computer, I can only go to BIOS or cmd, how to remove update from the cmd, and what is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KennethChoHK, Apr 2, 2021.

1. how to delete update/ reset computer? I can only ascess to the command prompt

After I update my computer to 20H2 from 1909, when I boot by computer, I can only go to BIOS or cmd, how to remove update from the cmd, and what is the command?

Update: from Windows 10 1909 to Windows 10 20H2

Computer modal: Lenovo ideapad 100

:)

KennethChoHK, Apr 2, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Apr 2, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

You would have to move your Page File to a different drive to get rid of that file, however you can make is smaller by adjusting the size in Windows.

To get rid of Hyberfile.sys you need to disable hibernation by doing the following:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.
    • Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window
    Then you can delete the hyberfile.sys file.

newtekie1, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

how to delete update/ reset computer? I can only ascess to the command prompt

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

how to delete update/ reset computer? I can only ascess to the command prompt

1. how to delete update/ reset computer? I can only ascess to the command prompt - Similar Threads - delete update reset

2. How to delete SynTp.sys Driver from Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete SynTp.sys Driver from Command Prompt: As stated in the question, I simply need to delete SynTp.sys. For a while now, I have been having problem with BSOD's coming from this driver. I have a windows 11 laptop, and I use it as a pc, so I close the lid and attach a moniter and mouse/keyboard. As such, I dont care...
  3. How can I install bluetooth through command prompt?

How can I install bluetooth through command prompt?: I have installed bluetooth drivers from my wifi and bluetooth card's manufacturers website, but windows still says bluetooth is not compatible. Is there a way to install windows through the command prompt?...
  4. how to zip and unzip using command prompt only

how to zip and unzip using command prompt only: hi there,i am trying to zip 5 photos, using cmd command prompt.the prompt i am using is: tar -a -c -f compressed.zip *jpgand this works perfectly fine as all the files are getting zipped in a folder called compressed.zipbut the issue is all files are getting compressed in one...
  5. how to zip and unzip using command prompt only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to zip and unzip using command prompt only: hi there,i am trying to zip 5 photos, using cmd command prompt.the prompt i am using is: tar -a -c -f compressed.zip *jpgand this works perfectly fine as all the files are getting zipped in a folder called compressed.zipbut the issue is all files are getting compressed in one...
  6. Deleting Fonts with Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Fonts with Command Prompt: Hi. I am just wondering if there is a command or commands you can input into Command Prompt to delete/get rid of fonts. If anyone has any answers, I would like to know!...
  7. how to factory reset windows 10 computer from command prompt?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to factory reset windows 10 computer from command prompt?: My laptop crashed for no obvious reason about 2 days ago. I turned it on immediately after and Windows 10 was not able to start but it took me to the repair options. I've tried startup repair, uninstall updates, UEFI firmware settings, system restore, and system image...
  8. Can only login to admin account through command prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can only login to admin account through command prompt: When I try to login in as local admin to Windows 10 it tells me the username or password is wrong. In the Windows Recovery Environment, if I select "Advanced Options" and then "Command Prompt". I am shown the admin username and when I enter the same password that doesn't...
  9. Can only login to Windows from Command Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can only login to Windows from Command Prompt: When I try to login in as local admin to Windows 10 it tells me the username or password is wrong. In the Windows Recovery Environment, if I select "Advanced Options" and then "Command Prompt". I am shown the admin username and when I enter the same password that doesn't...
  10. I can not open command prompt.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can not open command prompt.: I can not open command prompt. Every time I open it I got error message come up. *Sad The message is said [ The application is not start up right Press OK to close] [img] 25131